• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Savage Worlds Deluxe is coming

beldar1215

Explorer
I don't see much talk about Savage Worlds around here, so people might not know about Savage Worlds Deluxe yet. Here is the information from the Pinnacle site.

* Design notes from the authors so you can see the thinking behind the system

* Beautiful new art from some of the game industry's best talent

* All new One Sheets™ showcasing some of the game's best features

* An expanded section on Setting Rules and how to apply them to your campaigns

* New Situational Rules such as Interludes and Dramatic Tasks

* Errata and rule updates, all which will be made available on our web site absolutely free for those who already have the best-selling Explorer's Edition!

This in no way invalidates the current Savage Worlds Explorer's Edition!!

Beldar

Greg K

Legend
Yeah, I mentioned it in Mallus's thread the other day. I didn't think that the chase rules needed revising, but I am looking forward to it-especially, the expanded setting rules section, new situational rules and new equipment.

beldar1215

Explorer
For me the chase rules never got used because I found them confusing. I got to playtest the new chase rules and they are excellent. I have run multiple chases using them and they are very Fast, Furious and Fun! I can't give specifics but they are well done!

A

amerigoV

I'm looking forward to it. I love the SWEX, but I am willing to pay a few more bucks for expanded information. I think they will release an Explorer edition sized one at a later date (more compact, lower price).

Of course, the best part is starting an edition war. I am lining up my arguments now - you know, how it is a money grab ($30 bucks!!!!), how they invalidate me as a gamer because they changed something ("what was wrong with the old chase rules!!?!?!"), now all my books are useless, how gnomes are not in the first book (heck, I am not sure they even have gnomes), etc. Nothing warms the heart more than the fire of nerd rage.

Remove ads