• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Savage Worlds Rifts [IC]

Shayuri

First Post
(Target is usually 4 in Savage Worlds. Especially fearsome monsters will give you a penalty rather than change the target. You don't bat an eyelash at Alenys' real form :) By Grit you mean Spirit? Squidge hasn't seen dracoform yet, so I will need to roll this soon I expect :))

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
((I think they actually removed Grit from the game. My SWD doesn't have it. You just used Spirit. Deadlands might still have it as a skill, though. And if you want, Squidge could have joined them. I forgot she hasn't done this yet, either.))

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
30bo0ba.jpg

Castle Refuge
PA 109 (May 18)/Afternoon
Round 0

The dragon peered down at James with a large eye. “Hmmm...you didn’t even bat an eye,” she said, her voice deeper, but still oddly feminine and young. “Good.” She gave what must be a draconic smile, all sharp, dangerous teeth.

And then she was shrinking again, and Alenys the teenage redhead stood before him once more, tossing back her hair. “I think we can work together,” she said imperiously.

[sblock=Actions]
Move:
Action:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Tracking]
Conditions:

Bennies: 3/3

Recharge:
Hours Left for Human: 8/8 Reset: 6/6 hours
Flaming Scales: 8/8 rounds Reset 10/10m 3d6 fire MD
ISP Regen: 30/30m=1 ISP
[/sblock]

[sblock=Alenysturathe Mini-stats]
Alenysturathe Character Sheet

Parry: 7
Toughness (Dragon): 34 (+16 MDC)
Toughness (Human): 17 (+8 MDC)
Wounds: 0
Slow Regeneration: Make a natural healing roll once per day.

PPE: 10/10
ISP: 10/10
[/sblock]

tglassy

Adventurer
James saw the dragon emerge from the girl. Of course. Made sense.

"Ain't that somethin," he said. You're gonna be right useful, ain't ya?"

Sent from my iPhone using EN World

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
30bo0ba.jpg

Castle Refuge
PA 109 (May 18)/Afternoon
Round 0

Alenysturathe blushed, brushing back her red hair. “I try to be useful,” she said. “I’m not as smart as Dawn and Deezy. But I’m strong.” She fell in beside James as they headed back toward the castle. “Are you from out west?” she asked, looking at his attire. “You know where we’re going?”

[sblock=Actions]
Move:
Action:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Tracking]
Conditions:

Bennies: 3/3

Recharge:
Hours Left for Human: 8/8 Reset: 6/6 hours
Flaming Scales: 8/8 rounds Reset 10/10m 3d6 fire MD
ISP Regen: 30/30m=1 ISP
[/sblock]

[sblock=Alenysturathe Mini-stats]
Alenysturathe Character Sheet

Parry: 7
Toughness (Dragon): 34 (+16 MDC)
Toughness (Human): 17 (+8 MDC)
Wounds: 0
Slow Regeneration: Make a natural healing roll once per day.

PPE: 10/10
ISP: 10/10
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Squidge, in the meantime, tagged along with Dawn as the dog-boy (dog-girl? funny the things you don't know you don't know) as she went on her shopping trip.

"So...hey," she said with excessive casualness after the first few purchases, "I kinda feel like some air-clearing could be in order here? I mean you're clearly in charge, which is cool, there's this big honking elephant here. Like right here."

Squidge stepped back and waved at the spot between herself and Dawn.

"I was Coalition. Psi-bat. I served with psi-hounds, and when I went off the reservation I spent a lot of time staying ahead of them. I know you can probably tell I'm nervous around you...just thought you should know why. It's nothing personal. I'll get used to you."

She took a deep breath and added, "I figure you've got a dragon with you, so you're probably over the conditioning...but just wanted to check in to make sure we're good."

CharlotteOz

Explorer
"Ah yeah. That's a heck of an elephant, ain't it." Dawn nodded. "Yeah, we're good. I went pretty far afield myself. Well, how 'bout: you tell me why you got outta the Coalition, an' then I'll tell you why I got out, an' then maybe we figure it out from there?"

Shayuri

First Post
Squidge grinned and winced at the same time, rocking her head back as if punched.

"Aww man. So...I didn't join to be a 'defender of humanity,' you know? But when you're born with a brain like me, you don't have a lot of options." She shrugs and looks away. "It was all right at first. A lot of the things going up against the Coalition really ARE bad. I broke open two cults. But the thing is...when you look far enough into someone, even the bad ones get some extra context."

The psychic jammed her hands into her pockets.

"Even cultists trying to summon monsters to feed on people, even crazed as they are...they were desperate and scared once. The Coalition didn't protect the Burbs much. They started out trying to look out for people, and let some bad things into them, and...it changed them. And then after a couple of promotions they had me going out of the city more. My specialty was getting intel, but I have enough wattage to do some damage too. Didn't take more than one d-bee raid to convince me that this wasn't for me."

"Don't get me wrong. I still want to keep people safe. I just have a bigger perspective now. You look deep enough into someone, feel them from the inside out...it's hard to hate most folks after that. And that just doesn't wash in the States."

Last edited:

Remove ads