Savage Worlds Rifts [IC]

CharlotteOz

Explorer
"Mmmm. Well, all right then. I just got a thing about people pokin' 'round in here - " She tapped the side of her head with one stunted claw. "An' here's why."

"I'm what you call a hot dog - grown in a tube, get it? - a new blend of traits an' breedin' that they figured would increase performance. Well, they were pleased with how I performed in the field, so that's when they decided they wanted to experiment some more. They wanted to see how my traits held up when passed on to the next generation. Hot dogs are one way they get new dog soldiers, an' the breedin' program is the other. They wanted me to have a whole buncha puppies.

"I didn't know why, but I felt a little uncomfortable with that an' then realized that actually I felt extremely uncomfortable with that. My psi-stalker handler tried to get me to go along with a little psionic coercion, I pushed him outta my head, bit him on the neck, an' I ran for the hills. Had the good luck to run across a ley line close to a river an' I had a headache could about split a mountain in half crossin' it but I threw off their scent. One thing let to another an' I wound up with the cyber-knights, an' they gave me a whole buncha new words, includin' one that explained why I didn't want anythin' to do with the breedin' program. Turns out I ain't a breeder, if you know what I mean."

"Now, sounds like you got a good reason to tell Big Joe to kiss yer kiester, so long as you don't go pokin' around in my head without my say-so - an' that goes for others unless they're enemies - we ain't gonna have any trouble."

CharlotteOz

Explorer
Dawn shook the proferred hand. "Deal it is. Now let's gear up, the New West is a long ways off. Get comfy boots an' rations an' a real good compass."

Shayuri

First Post
"I'm pretty sure these Northern Gun survival kits are standard issue for anyone fixing to stay outside for more than a few hours at this point," Squidge says with a laugh, patting the durable plastic casing of the kit affixed to her back. "And Triax boots are the best. I think I'm good to go. Meet you back with the others."

And the psion whirls and takes off to find where the others are preparing to depart.

GreenKarl

First Post
After collecting any additional gear and supplies that the party can think of they meet up outside the town's walls where James' has his Zone Ranger and the DBees have been gathered around two large RV light vehicles. Each also has a trailer for hauling food and other supplies that the Cless. The leader of the DBees, a older female by the name of Ta'tuth, appears when the team shows up with a old American Empire map of the continual US. Spreading it out on the Zone Ranger's hood she says "I believes you all knows the best ways to go. We need to get back into this region" she says pointing to where some form of park once was noted on map, a place called 'Yellowstone National Park. "In our travels my tribes past by a ancient sign that announced this old world place. There were no dwelling or inhabitants that we ever encountered there, but I am sure the remains of our tribes will be in these lands..."

GM: OK so you can note whatever extra normal stuff you want without having to pay for it, food, rations, flashlights, etc. Anything special you might have to pay for. If James wants you could have had the Railgun you found mounted on the Zone Ranger. Deezy and/or Marcus could have done that in an hour or so, as I assume there is a top hatch on the vehicle that they could put an emplacement on to mount the weapon. Its stats are: Range 75/150/300, Damage 2d8+4, ROF 4, AP-6, Shots 32.

Then you have to decide what route you want to take. Remember that the Coalition claims pretty much all the lands to the west of here. They are strongest in northern Missouri and southern Arkansas but have at least patrols and a few shattered settlements in both states and in Oklahoma, but that might be the safest route to travel and then swing north. But up too you...

tglassy

Adventurer
OOC: Railgun!

James can be found working on the Zone Ranger, twiddling with the controls. He hadn't had passengers in a while, other than his little one. Had to remove the baby seat to make room for everyone and their gear.

OOC: Definitely need as much food as we can carry, as well as tents, sleeping bags, cooking supplies, and whatever else we need for a long trek. Not sure what else would be needed...

CharlotteOz

Explorer
"Howdy." Dawn showed up in her normal armor with a duster and a cowboy hat, with holes carefully carve for the sake of ears and tail. She was wearing the mystical eye-patch, and had attached a button to it sporting the Tomorrow Legion's symbol. She seemed in a better mood for having gotten to play dress-up a little.

"So I ain't a mage but I got some mental skill. This here ride need a recharge?"

OOC: Dawn picked up a trauma kit, infrared binoculars, a communicator, and a dossimeter in addition to the food and water, and a plasma grenade in case she has to crack the shell on something real nasty. Current credits, not including any money gained from selling that which we did not take for outselves: 8,800 credits.

GreenKarl

First Post
GM: So plasma grenades are 1,800 credits each (probably no more then 4 or 5 are available for sale), the trauma kit you can have for free, the IR/distance binoculars are 1,200 credits, a basic communicator is 1,500 credits, you can have the Dossimeter for free... so depending on how many grenades you want...

Shayuri

First Post
"Izzat tech-wizard stuff?" Squidge wants to know, bounding over to the car with a knapsack slung over her shoulder. "I can help out with that too! It always feels a little funky, like cold or slimy, but it works fine."

(OOC - Squidge don't got much money, so she'll just load up on whatever's free :))

tglassy

Adventurer
"She's full," he said. "But once we get out there, it'd be nice to have more than my own power to keep her goin'".

Sent from my iPhone using EN World

Remove ads