• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Save the Hive, Save the ENWorld!

So.....whats this then?

What exactly is a hive thread?

Ah, well, it is the ultimate off-topic thread. People just talk about what they like, sometimes creating a funny forth-and-back discussion, sometimes educating people on the scientific goals of the Hadron Collider, sometimes discussing campaign events. If no other thread sounds interesting or has any new posts, try to spin up a conversation on the hive. ;)

One might also call it a time-sink.

It is possible that there is also a official definition of the Hivemind threads, but I suppose it has been written down on a piece of paper, filed away, then lost during a office move, found in garbage, accidentally burned, copied off by a time-traveller shortly after/before the incident, e-mailed to a anonymmous internet contact, been given voice by a speech synthesizer, recorded on a 120 min BASF cassette, played before a microphone and turned into a podcast, transcribed for horrendous cost, written down in plain text, translated by GoogleTranslate to French, translated to German with Babelfish, e-mailed to a professional translator, printed on a sheet of paper, the English translation written down by hand, made a analog photo, developed, snail-mailed to an anonymous mailbox, scanned in from a wooden table, OCRed, and then stored in a digital file somewhere at the end of the internet.

This version might be incomplete or even entirely made up.

Whitemouse

Banned
Banned
Ah, well, it is the ultimate off-topic thread. People just talk about what they like, sometimes creating a funny forth-and-back discussion, sometimes educating people on the scientific goals of the Hadron Collider, sometimes discussing campaign events. If no other thread sounds interesting or has any new posts, try to spin up a conversation on the hive. ;)

One might also call it a time-sink.
Ah, a random amalgamation of various discussions! :cool:

I can totally dig that.

Welcome Carla Kittra (Whitemouse) to the hive guys and gals! ;)

hafrogman

Adventurer
Ah, a random amalgamation of various discussions! :cool:

I can totally dig that.

Welcome Carla Kittra (Whitemouse) to the hive guys and gals! ;)
Welcome.

Beware the Black Rat, who I can only assume is your anti-matter double. If you two ever meet, I think the Hive will explode.

Whitemouse

Banned
Banned
image.php
v.
image.php

:hmm: Hmmm....

Since my avatar isn't equipped with lightsabers I can only surmise that the results would be like when Han gutted that riding beast on Hoth. :eek:

hafrogman

Adventurer
:hmm: Hmmm....

Since my avatar isn't equipped with lightsabers I can only surmise that the results would be like when Han gutted that riding beast on Hoth. :eek:
Indeed. However, if we were to use the mouse from your signature, you might stand a better chance.

Magic vs. The Force. Who will win? I think this could be the new Kirk v. Picard.

hafrogman

Adventurer
So rat vs mouse, eh? It won't matter when the Dog comes barking! *Ruff!*
You clearly haven't watched enough Saturday morning cartoons. I refer you to the cases of Tom v. Jerry and Sylvester v. Tweety.

The smaller animal invariably wins by virtue of being cute, whilst the larger is doomed to languish in pain and hunger. It is nature's way.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads