SCAG Thread

Tyranthraxus

Explorer
Hi,

If like me you are an international AL player, you may have to wait awhile before grabbing the SCAG

(Sword Coast Adventurers Guide)

Now Ill state this now

There is NO INFORMATION on which parts of the SCAG will be available if any for use in future AL . None. Do not ask here about when they might be, or who you have to sleep with to make that happen.

I simply wanted to point out the main Enworld page has a rather large chunk of info on it about the SCAG: info on new Paladin Orders, Undying , Dwarf God list (Deep Duerra and Laduguer are back!) and so on. So yes, not yet AL, but very good reading if it wil be a while before you get your copy.

Perhaps we should create a fun thread. Like a Speculation thread on what we would like to become legal, what we dont think will become legal, if we think Race only classes are a good thing (ie Battleragers and Bladesingers) (if you are not aware this is a direct take from 2e and earlier editions when there was a lot of class/kit stuff out there that was race specific)

All in all at 158 pages it looks like its gonna pack a lot of good information in. I esp looking forward to the Deity and setting information (two of my favorite things in gaming).

Caecafortuna

First Post
I will be picking mine up today. While not yet AL legal, I am looking forward to getting a better feel for the Sword Coast. Should still help to create flavor for Encounters sessions.

I look forward to seeing what will be AL-legal from this book as I think it will add to RP. However I'm not in a hurry, it's okay with me if AL staffers take their time and decide how to best approach its' integration.

Inconnunom

Explorer
Hi,

If like me you are an international AL player, you may have to wait awhile before grabbing the SCAG

(Sword Coast Adventurers Guide)

Now Ill state this now

There is NO INFORMATION on which parts of the SCAG will be available if any for use in future AL . None. Do not ask here about when they might be, or who you have to sleep with to make that happen.

I simply wanted to point out the main Enworld page has a rather large chunk of info on it about the SCAG: info on new Paladin Orders, Undying , Dwarf God list (Deep Duerra and Laduguer are back!) and so on. So yes, not yet AL, but very good reading if it wil be a while before you get your copy.

Perhaps we should create a fun thread. Like a Speculation thread on what we would like to become legal, what we dont think will become legal, if we think Race only classes are a good thing (ie Battleragers and Bladesingers) (if you are not aware this is a direct take from 2e and earlier editions when there was a lot of class/kit stuff out there that was race specific)

All in all at 158 pages it looks like its gonna pack a lot of good information in. I esp looking forward to the Deity and setting information (two of my favorite things in gaming).

I hope AL admins will release their expected statement today rather than later. By delaying, they will be indirectly reducing the advantage brick and mortar stores have over amazon who offers all D&D books at 40% off. Already some B&M stores often require a table fee to play D&D in order to see some return on investment. (The fee does get turned into store credit).

All the class options are really cool. I hope they all (or at least a majority) become legal. The elf and tiefling variants are really fun and interesting ideas. I also wonder if AL will enforce the bladesingers must be elf and battleragers must be dwarves or if they will follow the note than DMs can allow other races to play that and that the restrictions are just flavor.

I hope AL admins will release their expected statement today rather than later.

Our comments have been with WOTC for awhile now. There is nothing the Admins can do at this point as we, just like you, are waiting on the announcement to be made by WOTC HQ. I checked on it last night and was asked to tell you that you should expect it "Soon."

or if they will follow the note than DMs can allow other races to play that and that the restrictions are just flavor.

We do not generally follow optional rules, so I wouldn't expect this.

Pauper

That guy, who does that thing.
My understanding is that the admins for AL have consistently stated that rules only change at the beginning of storyline seasons, so I wouldn't expect any official announcement over what will be allowed from SCAG and for what season(s) until the start of the next storyline season.

--
Pauper

Inconnunom

Explorer
My understanding is that the admins for AL have consistently stated that rules only change at the beginning of storyline seasons, so I wouldn't expect any official announcement over what will be allowed from SCAG and for what season(s) until the start of the next storyline season.

--
Pauper
FYI this just went up on facebook.
Robert Adducci said:
The Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide is available today for many WPN stores! Details on the book's AL legality soon.

Additionally, it's no skin off my back what or when they decide. I am already nearly level 6 in OotA so I can't change even if I wanted to. I was just pointing out that it would be understandable if store owners were unhappy.

Remove ads