Scales of War finale!

Hawke

Explorer
Looks kind of neat, though I don't have the fortitude to push through that many dragon encounters at the end of an epic arc. I know Dave commented on it, but as it is I'm sacking one to two-thirds of the combat encounters in the SoW campaign otherwise it would take my group a decade to complete. We're having a lot of fun doing the most exciting and unique encounters without running through endless
Githyanki
if you can guess what adventure we're on.

We'll see how much I deviate from the AP as I go on... I already have 3 adventure swap-outs between now and the end... but overall its nice to see the final product.

Uzzy

First Post
No, they just don't have a drive to amass wealth for wealth's sake.

So, if you killed the god of murder, that would eliminate murder from the game world?
If you killed the god of death, that would eliminate death from the game world?

Heck, if you kill the god of evil, that would eliminate all evil from the game world?

This does rather amuse me, as such an idea has some importance in terms of morality and personal responsibility. No one's greedy because of who they are, but they're greedy because Tiamat exists, and are thus not responsible for their greed.

This does rather amuse me, as such an idea has some importance in terms of morality and personal responsibility. No one's greedy because of who they are, but they're greedy because Tiamat exists, and are thus not responsible for their greed.

Not necessarily. It may not be that Tiamat makes them greedy; Tiamat may merely be responsible for giving them the capacity to be greedy.

Think of it like a gun: If Tiamat gives you a gun, you have the capacity to take that gun and shoot someone with it. But Tiamat didn't make you shoot anybody: She just made the gun available.

Same thing with greed: Tiamat didn't make you greedy. She just made greed available.

So, if you killed the god of murder, that would eliminate murder from the game world?
If you killed the god of death, that would eliminate death from the game world?

Heck, if you kill the god of evil, that would eliminate all evil from the game world?
Yes, possibly.

Of course it is possible that someone else might try to "snatch" the domain if possible. That's what the Raven Queen did, and Orcus is planning if he ever kills her.

As Beginning of the End says - not necessarily. Tiamat didn't make anyone greedy. But she gave the potential for greed. Some people fulfilled that potential, but that required their own decision.

ferratus

Adventurer
The Forgotten Realms followed the idea that if you kill a god of a particular portfolio, that portfolio ceases from the world until someone takes it up again. The death of Mystra caused the loss of level 10 spells (1st time) created wild magic and dead magic zones (2nd time) and the Spellplague (3rd time). When Cyric was dethroned from the lord of the dead in the novel "Prince of Lies" people of Faerun were unable to die until that mantle was taken up by his old adventuring buddy Kelemvor.

Though they have applied this principle unevenly. Lord Bhaal's death didn't cause any dent in the capacity of humanity to murder, nor did Bane's death bring an end to all tyrannies. Moander's death didn't stop things from decaying either.

Derren

Hero
Wait a minute.
I haven't followed this path too closely, but
[sblock]
When killing Tiamat removes greed from the world, woldn't valour (or wind, or whatever his potfolio in 4E is) have ceased to exist when Bahamut was dead? Was anything like that mentioned? I guess not considering the surprised reactions in here.[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases