• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Scarred Lands: Ask the Sage [This keeps up, I'm gonna need a bigger notebook!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Slight bump...and I talked to a source. He doesn't know what's happening but when he knows, I'll know.

In the mean time I take comfort in the not knowing. Why? Cause it's better than knowing for sure it's over.

Nightfall

Well it's definately better than nothing.

(I would have prefered if they combined the Dragon Lands and Fenrilik into one. But not Asherak. But that's something I don't have control over.)

johnsemlak

First Post
Two questions, if you have any info:

1. Lost Tribes, is there a release date (I might put a new flash for it on the news page).

2. Are any more of the SL books going to be released at DTRPG?

Nightfall

John,

The most recently released quarterly has it dated/slated for December. Of course that's subject to change but it seems about right since it was slated for November before. So I'd say December sounds about right.

I have no idea about the other as DTRPG isn't something I cover nor do I know anything about their policies. I would LIKE them to do so. But we'll have to wait and see.

Fevil

First Post
Cithindril said:
I really think the worst mistake the company has made is failing to keep their fans notified. I've seen too many posts from folks that have shifted to another campaign world because of disatisfaction with the release info provided by SSS.

Exactly why I bought myself a copy of Eberron. I'll finish my current SL campaign and then move on.....give it some time to make its mind up as to whether its dead or not.

johnsemlak

First Post
Fevil said:
Exactly why I bought myself a copy of Eberron. I'll finish my current SL campaign and then move on.....give it some time to make its mind up as to whether its dead or not.
Why does a setting have to be supported with regular new supplements to be something worth playing? Isn't there enough SL stuff out there already, really.

I'm not saying I wouldn't want more (or that I wouldn't give Eberron a look or a try). But I don't think it's fair to say that SL isn't adequately supported with so much material already published.

Nightfall

John,

Just some people's opinion. Me I'm doing pretty well with what I go. However I can sympathize with at least ONE person's opinion regarding the setting. JoeKushner. Why? His comment on "There's not a place for PCs to play in" do make it difficult for introductory play. Me though, I manage to scrape by on sheer wit and design alone. (That and my own hubris. ;) )

But again there is something to a lot of the comments on ways to improve the setting. But rarely it seems they get heard. (At least with the higher ups in WW/S&SS. Not the developers as much as the other guys.)

In any case I don't believe it's dead but we'll see.

blindrage

Raging blindly since 1969
They are treating SL like FFG did to Dragonstar or Blue Sea. They milked for all it's worth and said thanks for coming. Then they closed the doors. White Wolf has a habit of just dropping lines with nothing said and moving on. SL had a good run and I look forword to more good stuff for d20 out of S&S/White Wolf.

Last edited:

Nightfall

Eh not entirely sure that's true Blind..but we'll see. I do think though FFG wanted to keep Dragonstar afloat. Just had to think of montary considerations. Unlike WW, I think FFG has a much smaller bank roll. But then again what do I know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads