• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Scarred Lands] On the Horizon

SSS-Druid

First Post
Greetings, gentlefolk.

With our baby the Scarred Lands Campaign Setting: Ghelspad out the door and into your hands, I though we might give an idea of what is coming up.

Do note that these dates may be subject to change. ;)

The latter half of June sees the release of Wilderness & Wasteland, a book on designing encounters and adventures in the wilderness. It highlights things such as natural Hazards, new diseases, poisons and weather charts, as well as new uses for your Wilderness Lore skill in those environments. In addition, it contains one encounter for each terrain type, as well as an appendix containing random encounter tables for many of the major areas of the Scarred Lands wilderness.

August brings us Relics & Rituals II: Lost Lore, the sequel to the best selling Relics & Rituals. This book contains not only the best of the spells and magic items (including prices ;) )culled from our Open Call, but also a wealth of prestige classes and new, optional systems of magic that are written "around" the Scarred Lands but really usable in any campaign by rubbing off the serial numbers and changing a couple of the proper nouns.

In September, we release Serpent in the Fold, the first in the Serpent Amphora Cycle. This adventure (which technically follows The Serpent Amphora, the prelude to the Serpent Amphora Cycle), is designed for 3rd to 4th level characters.

October boasts two releases. The first is Calastia: Throne of the Black Dragon, a look at the Lawful Evil nation of Calastia. This sourcebook, written by Vampire: the Masquerade developer Justin Achilli, shows us the land of the Black Dragon Virduk and turns our expectations of what this land is supposed to be like on their ears.

And in its wake comes Scarred Land Gazetteer: Termana, the guide to the continent that lies at the other end of the Blood Sea. Deluged by the submersion of Kadum and the home of both forsaken elves and the charduni, Termana is a land of spirits, disease and tropical dangers. Includes rules for the new races to be found there, including the fey gnomes of the Termanan jungles.

Finally, December witnesses the arrival of the second part of the Serpent Amphora Cycle, as well as the sourcebook for one of the most horrific and dangerous places in Ghelspad. The Serpent & the Scepter, the sequel to The Serpent in the Fold, brings characters of 5th to 6th level deeper into the plots surrounding the enigmatic Serpent Amphora. Additionally, December sees the release of Hornsaw: Forest of Blood, an in-depth look at the hoary wilderness that was once the Broadreach Forest in central Ghelspad. It details the various factions that dwell within it as well as those forces seeking to reclaim the forest from the taint of the Mother of Serpents.

That should wrap up this year! :)

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
So R&R2 will probably be out in August huh Joseph. When can those of us that submitted expect an email. July perhaps? Just curious since I'd like to know I got in.

Also about the Gaz for Termana, is this going to be similiar to that of Ghelspad or will be be a big lengther?

JoeGKushner

First Post
It should be interesting to see how the adventurers do compared to the sourcebooks. I'm curious as to what type of adventures will these be. Dungeon Crawls? Sourcebook modules? Something else altogether...

Nightfall

Well if the prelude with Serpent Amphora was any indication, I imagine there will be a good bit of Wilderness exploration.

SSS-Druid

First Post
My theory when it comes to adventure design is to give a little bit of everything.

Ergo, I made a point to include some dungeon-crawling, some wilderness exploration, a touch of urban stuff, plenty of NPC interaction, intrigue/mystery and good old fashioned combat.

In the process, the PCs will be exploring some of the very notable locales of the Scarred Lands, from the nation of Vesh to the Hornsaw to the Ganjus to wicked Lageni in the south.

It promises to be quite a romp, let me tell you. :)

JoeGKushner

First Post
How about the Corridor from Mithril? Any maps of the towers, or any stories about how one particular tower is haunted? Is there an exact number of those towers listed between Mullis and Mithril? I'm thinking of having my group, after their last barely escaped encounter, do some "simple" guard work in one of the towers.

Red Baron

First Post
SSS-Druid said:
Ergo, I made a point to include some dungeon-crawling, some wilderness exploration, a touch of urban stuff, plenty of NPC interaction, intrigue/mystery and good old fashioned combat.

It promises to be quite a romp, let me tell you. :)
I can assure you all that this is a very solid adventure, with all the elements Joseph mentions above and then some -- very nice NPC backgrounds/interaction, and some very interesting scenarios as well, both combat-oriented and non-.

Had I mentioned to you yet that I think SitF is an excellent adventure, Joseph...?

BTW, folks, if you haven't done so yet, check out The Serpent Amphora, a free download from the S&SS site:

www.swordsorcery.com

Cheers!

Last edited:

Nightfall

Hey Scott! :) So care to talk a little about the Serpent and the Scepter? Anything you'd like to comment on about it?

SSS-Druid

First Post
Thanks, Scott. :)

Oh, I'm sure there's plenty that Scott would love to talk about in those adventures (for the record, he has only seen Serpent in the Fold so far), but he knows that I would kung-fu his throat if he did.

;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads