Scheduling for IRON DM 2013!

Rune

Once A Fool
The time has come around again. Do you have what it takes to succeed in three grueling rounds of intense and competitive adventure-writing, in order to become this year's IRON DM?

What is IRON DM?

The founder says it best:

el-remmen said:
Simple. We get 8 people willing to play (and 3 alternates). I pair people off as competitors and give them a set of 6 "ingredients".

The ingredients are elements that must be used in the designing of a scenario/adventure - which should be written up in overview form - players can be as specific as they like - but detailed stat-blocks and the like are not weighed as heavily as uniqueness and playability of the ideas.

The results are then judged by me and the winner moves on to the next round. . .

Who am I?

I'm the judge, that's who! In the past, I judged the IRON DM Summer 2003 Tournament and was a judge in the IRON DM 2011 Tournament. I also used to be a frequent competitor, back in the day and I was the Spring 2002 IRON DM!

Who can enter?

Anyone! [MENTION=34958]Deuce Traveler[/MENTION], as the current IRON DM, has automatic entry into this tournament. The field is open to everybody else!

So, I gotta ask:

Are you creative enough?

Are you disciplined enough?

Are you good enough?

Current Contestants:

1: IRON DM 2012 Deuce Traveler

2: Wicht

3: EP

4: Mike Myler

5: MortalPlague

6: Radiating Gnome

7: Imhotepthewise

8: Dragonwriter​

Last edited:

Rune

Once A Fool
We're up to 3. Anybody else?

Mike, is that a real thing, or a joke? If it's real, I've never heard of it. And, if it's a joke, well, I've no sense of humor. Or so folk tell me.

Last edited:

Rune

Once A Fool
[MENTION=34958]Deuce Traveler[/MENTION], even though your spot is reserved, I'd like for you to check in if you intend to defend your title, if you would.

Wicht

Hero
Do we not have four more brave souls eager to prove their creative abilities in a test of DM savvy and plot-building skills?

For those of you who have never seen or been a part of the contest, let me encourage you to participate. There are few better ways to get the DM juices going than to be given a list of quasi-random ingredients and have to arrange them into a pleasing adventure plot. Iron DM is, truthfully, one of the reasons I keep coming back to EN-World and some of my best memories of this Forum are tied up in the contest. I urge you to give it a shot.

Adventures do not need to be game or even genre specific and you are free to create any sort of viable game adventure with the ingredients you are given, including horror, modern, fantasy (the default), super-hero, etc.

Remove ads