Scheduling for IRON DM 2015

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
This has certainly been interesting. Certainly the tightest adventure I've written for this format. Not a lot of room for world building or background information. Still, I was surprised at how much I could still do within the limit. I'm glad I was able to keep in as many stylistic touches as I was. I'll still be tinkering with it until later tonight though.

I'm curious though if there is a specific site or tool you use for your word-counting, @Rune. The top three hits for "word count" on Google gave my latest draft 746, 746, and 748 on the word count. GoogleDocs is also 748. Apache OpenOffice (which I'm using to write with) says 753. It's a bit disconcerting.

Edit: New draft: 741/742/743/743/749. So basically, I asked the internet "Did I cut four or five words" and the internet's answer was "Yes." Thanks, internet :cool:

Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Hrm... I didn't even think of that. I just used OpenOffice. Maybe I should have used something else and gotten a dozen more words to play with. :p

Wik

First Post
Yeah, the word count is BRUTAL. I mean, you basically only have 125 words per ingredient. That's TOUGH.

I'm at 600 words, and just realized I need to completely rewrite. *sigh*

Rune

Once A Fool
I just want to remind everybody: I put myself through this before I put any of you through it. I know exactly how much of a challenge it is--and also that it is entirely achievable.

Rune

Once A Fool
[MENTION=34958]Deuce Traveler[/MENTION] and [MENTION=6762606]LucasC[/MENTION], if you are both available to start your match Friday 6:00 PM EST, I will do my best to start your match then. I'll be helping someone move, so I might not make it, and I probably won't be available to fine tune things.

So, if both of you can post to confirm that you can go just before that time and I am able to, you'll get your ingredients. If you don't have any by 6:01, we'll just have to schedule something for later.

Wik

First Post
I just want to remind everybody: I put myself through this before I put any of you through it. I know exactly how much of a challenge it is--and also that it is entirely achievable.

Yeah, well, it's more fun to complain endlessly about it. It's what writers do. ;)

Remove ads