Science Fiction: Greatest TV Shows Part III

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
No my Best Of list. ;)

For example, I think Babylon 5 and Farscape were both muddled messes. And the original Battlestar Galactica's campiness was better than the reboot's grittiness.

Ha!

You want camp?

EEq76ElXUAYZttv

Galactica 1980.

ACCEPT NO SUBSTITUTE.

BrokenTwin

Biological Disaster
Man, it would be really hard for me to fill a top ten list of scifi shows. Top five, I think I could manage.

1. The Expanse. No question, I loved the books, I loved the show and its casting. One regrettable discovery about a member of the main cast aside.
2. Stargate Atlantis. One of my first real introductions to scifi, and a solid show for the majority of its episodes.
3. Deep Space 9. Not gonna lie, I had a hard time getting into most Star Trek. Everyone always talked about its engagement with philosophy, but ever time I tried to watch an episode I got cheesy scifi camp instead. DS9, on the other hand, had a few misses, but its tighter character focus made it a lot more enjoyable for me.

Hmm... already getting to the point where I don't know what shows I'd add to this list... I really need to watch more scifi... Andromeda started strong but was ruined by the lead actor in a spectacular fashion, Firefly doesn't meet the OP's requirements despite being a show I love, Dark Angel I loved as a kid and still have a fondness for, but was honestly not a great show quality wise... The Orville is shaping up to be a solid show, but isn't in a "finished" state, so it doesn't qualify either...

Ryujin

Legend
Does anyone remember "Primeval"? And no, I don't mean the stillborn American version.
I must apologize for this statement. It wasn't a "stillborn American version", but a crappy Canadian version. Shot in Vancouver by CTV/Bell Media/eONE, with Canadian military trappings. They did obviously aim for the American market, however, as they kept on saying 'lewtennant' instead of 'leftennant.'

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
Rewatching Dark Angel (Cameron/Alba/Weatherly/etc ..) for the first time in a decade or so, and am about 2/3rds of the way through season 1. It is holding up really well so far. I remember some changes in season 2 in terms of characters and focus, so I'll see how my opinion changes.

It's also pretty amazing to be reminded how LGBTQ+ open that first season was (from Original Cindy to Normal's girlfriend).

Last edited:

Remove ads