Scion of Arkhosia overland flight

Turtlejay

First Post
Well. . .not being sorcerer powers, I don't think you get to add your sorcerer bonus damage, but I am not sure. As long as your secondary stat is close to your main stat, you won't be *too* behind on the to hit, but you will be missing out on any implement bonuses (enhancement, or other effects on your implement). The damage that the powers do is not really striker-tier IMO.

But, it does have some cool effects. The AP rider is a good minion killer, as it does not require an attack roll (and against creatures vulnerable to your dragon breath's damage type, it could do some okay free damage). The 12th level utility that allows you to fly could be nice, as a Dragon Sorcerer you might find it nice to get around a little easier and apply those close blast powers a little more effectively. Similarly, the ability to fly in general is a cool schtick.

Really though, if you are going all out charop, max damage and all that jazz, it is not for you. If, however, you want a cool dragonborn flavored class with some interesting abilities attatched, I would recommend it. I think it is particularly cool for a Dragonborn Defender. A winged horror all in plate armor descending from the heavens and scourging his enemies with fire and steel. Were I still playing my Paladin, this path would be in serious contention.

Jay

KKDragonLord

First Post
If you can't land at the end of the movement, you can't use the power, and you don't use the Dragon Wings move action.

That's a lot easier.

usually players will avoid hard crashes like the plague and landing safely might be a sound tactic to get behind an enemy without provoking an AoO

Remove ads