Scions of the New World:Scene One-Gertle's Gulch...

ferretguy

First Post
Taken aback by the power generated by the Shard, Tzzecct looks at his friend Well at least ya din'a grow another head or wings...you ok?

Jeremy

Explorer
"I don't fck-eel mth-uchk diffckerent. Lezz tired. Little crispcty." He shrugs with all four arms before scratching his head with one.

After a moment he shakes his head and just writes it off as either a dud or just what shards do and takes one more quick look around the place for any salvage.

Last edited:

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Brahnz has been tending to the humans and harboring a bit of envy of the boys' mother. She will most likely never find a mate for herself, let alone have children.
She tends the cook fire and looks up at Whistler, Where are the bugs?

Sparky

Zadkiel listens to whatever the freed folk have to tell him and only nods, pressing for more detail when it doesn't seem forthcoming. Rooting out especially anything about the Scion or what he was after.

At Brahnz's question he stands, still peering down at The Boys, their mother and the others. Without looking away from them he says, "In the mine, I imagine." He finally turns his smoldering gaze away and looks at the mine entrance, then at Brahnz. "You want to go get them, or should I?"

Velenne

Explorer
"I will go," comes Semm's voice suddenly. He turns his bulk around and down to face them. Giving Zadkiel a nod, the large man swings his legs over the forge's roof and lands noiselessly on the ground below. He quickly sweeps into the cave without another word, gliding across the ground like a predator.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Outside

The survivors tell differing stories.

The boys' mother (Enyarra) tells a story similar to that told by them. Her family wagon was ambushed, most killed and she dragged off into slavery.
The Scion had made comments to the effect that the Orcs would be allowed a bit of sport with her after her usefulness was eneded as a miner, and she thanks all the slient gods that you arrived to rescue her.

The other men were miners here at the mine, looking for silver. There is a little in evidence, though mostly in the form of a greyish mud. The men mention that they have a sluice down at a nearby stream (along with their cart and donkey) for extracting the silver. The Scion attacked when they were down there two days past. They seem worried about their donkey (Vestria), and want to go and check on her as soon as possible.

The Dwarf was a lone traveller on the Road, captured, no doubt because of his racial prediliction towards mining. He has beenstubborn in aiding the Scion, and he bears many bruises and a broken finger for his insolence.

All of the people (except for Enyarra) know Gertle's Gulch well, and inform you that the town is about 15 miles away.

The Mine

Mantis and Tzzarcct hear Semm as he is rounding the last corner, and when he does, Semm sees that the bugs are indeed all right, although Mantis looks different somehow, the weariness of the day lifted a bit from his chitinous shoulders...

Velenne

Explorer
"Are you finished here? What have you found?" Semm asks in as non-threatening a manner as possible and still his deep-as-the-ocean voice reverberates across the cavern. He looks down at the bugs and tries to piece together what happened.

"You found one? A piece? Hmm..." He trails off. Semm is still unsure of what he thinks about finding Shards. It almost felt like stealing, but from something much much bigger than anything he could get his claws around. "We should see what Zadkiel has learned."

Jeremy

Explorer
Gabriel finishes looking around and after collecting anything of interest he nods to Tzzecct and heads back out with the beast.

ferretguy

First Post
Although he does feel the old pull of his dwarven heritage to exploring more of this underground mine, Tzzecctt also feels that there is little of use to be found here and joins the others outside the mine.

Remove ads