Scions of the New World:Scene One-Gertle's Gulch...

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Semm, Gabe and Tzzarcct exit the mine to find the rescued prisoners in better spirits. A short time later, there are rabbits cooking, as brahnz returns (with the two boys in tow) from hunting.

By late afternoon, those rescued feel able to move again, although a night's rest would be the logical way to go here, seeing as they have had an ordeal of this nature thrust upon them.

Of the Scion, the Dwarf tells a slightly more elaborate bit of information.
' That man were a spooky feller...gon' on about a big score o'Shard an all. Gloated, he did. Said 'ed 'ave my whole falimy slavin away fore the year wuze done, once the boss arrived in Gertle's Gulch. Don't know what thet feller's boss is like, but if'n he is big enoughto push the likes o' that black Demon about, then I want to be about five 'unnert miles from here when he does show up...'

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Brahnz sits on the floor in lotus positiontossing a ball back and forth with Willam. So they arn't the only ones? That's bad news for the Gulch. We should scour the place looking for any papers the scion may have left. I'll go looking in the other building. Gabe would you acompany me?

Jeremy

Explorer
The Mantis clicks an assent and heads into the building the scion emerged from, his four arms go to work rifling through everything he can find, overturning bunks and the like.

Sparky

Zadkiel nods at Brahnz's suggestion and watches as the drake and bug step inside the small outbuilding. He watches Gabriel closely noting something... he can't put his finger on. He turns to Tzzecct and asks, "What did you two find?" He checks his blades and crossbow, a rote motion, speaking of long, deeply ingrained routine. He looks off toward the stream the miners indicated, "Care to tell me on the way to round up Vestria? Semm, you coming?" He nods his head sharply in the direction and without waiting for a response he heads off. Nope. No sir. Brahnz is right. This is definately. Not. Good.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
OoC:COnnection down earlier, off to work, bigger post later...
BTW, the Scion had walked out of the cave mouth, not a building...

IC

Brahnz and Gabe root about through the building, to no avail. Whatever the Scion had in the way of secrets died with him.
The two old miners look on, hoping that you wouldn't completely destroy their place, but not commenting harshly towards those who had so recently rescued them.

Whistler (and whoever else went with him) travel about a quarter of a mile East and find a little creek, piles of tailings on one bank, a donkey tied to a tree nearby. She brays nervously as you approach, but settles when she determones that you aren't trying to eat her. The beast looks a bit malnurashed, but alive. At least she had water nearby (any grasses and leaves within reach have been stripped).

ferretguy

First Post
Looking up at Zadkiel, Tzzecct chews his lip, Well, was like this, found a small shard Mantis picked it up, was a bright flash and it went away....dinna seem to harm him none..course this means any more shards found we might want to take our time picking them up.

Jeremy

Explorer
Gabriel comes back out empty handed and listens to Whistler and Tzzecct.

"Wtell, ecksept for the mckelting tzzrough mck-y hand and eltrocuting me," Gabe deadpans.

"Bck-ut, Tzzecct is right. I'm fck-ine nowt, and wt-e zzhould--clck!" he breaks off, angered by his broken unintelligible speech. Frustrated he finishes, "Wt-e zzhould defckinately be carefckul picking zzhards up."

Sparky

Zadkiel murmurs to the tethered donkey, soothing words in his low, rasping voice. "Easy now, Ves. Gonna get you outta here." He grabs a fistful of scrubby underbrush to feed the sorry creature and unties her. Scratching between her ears he looks around for anything the miners may have left or lost when taken captive.

Leading the donkey back down the rocky trail he listens to the description of what happened with the Shard. Wish I'd been there to see. Still, I guess Gabe looks alright. Better even. He purses his lips as he brings the donkey to the miners, "Here she is, just fine." The donkey noses his hand for more scrub, "A little hungry though."

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
The two miners are overjoyed to see their beloved donkey (who brays happily at them in turn), hobbling over and hugging the beast.
The boys have been digging around the mine and have found something else of interest: Several arrows fletched with green and black feathers.
The miners have not seen them before thisand Brahnz seems to think that they are of elvish make, not orcish. The arrows are fletched but lack heads. It seems that whoever was making them left prior to their being finished, or perhaps he/she planned/plans on returning to finish them. The miners have seen no Elves...

Argent Silvermage

First Post
The Dragonchylde takes the arrows and says They're lovely. Thank you for the gift boys. and winks a warm golden eye at them. Well now we need to get going. I'm sorry for the mess looking for any thing more in the buildings but we needed to know what we could about the big nasties coming to Gurtie's Gulch. Whistler did you find anything of interest on the Scion's corpse?

Remove ads