• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Scions of the New World:Scene One-Gertle's Gulch...

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Argent Silvermage said:
Brahnz will offer her waterskin to the survivors. Drink slowly. There is plenty but you don't want to make yourselves sick. I will go hunt us some food. She says and turns to Whistler. May I suggest you get them in to a building. You should strip the scion and orcs of thier valuables as well. I'll be back in a few hours. game seems plentiful here.

An hour later, Brahnz has several rabbits and some succulents (like cactus) that are edible. Enough food for all 9if Semm goes light...).

The humans (and the Dwarf) are all moved to the southern structure, given water (there is a barrel of water in there as well) and allowed to rest on cots, though these do smell of Orc.The freed people don't seem to mind much.

Velenne

Explorer
When the others come up from the caves, Semm is sitting atop the roof of the forge, facing West. People gasp, they mumble, but he's used to it. Turning his back to them, he quarrels with his bitterness and his desire to be just another Man.

ferretguy

First Post
Looking around Tzzecct deciedes to follow the cool throbbing call of the shard may be of use to us...seems the others may not be interested but I am.... He slowly continues in the direction from which the call is strongest taking care to move as quietly as possible....

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Semm,Brahnz and Whistler are outside,tending to the wounded and exhausted folk so recently freed. The boys are helping quite a lot, and are showing themselves to be very useful, skinning the rabbits and even getting a pot ready to cook a stew.

The Mines

Mantis and tzzarcct make their way back to the end of the tunnel, where Mantis can definately sense the Shard, pointing a finger at a spot just off of where one of the slave-miners was digging. Tzzarcct can feel it as well, and soon both are digging into the rock, chipping away diligently and patiently.

Finally, a depression is revealed in the rock, a faint pulsing glow showing forth, a small blue crystal lying amidst the grey stone...

Jeremy

Explorer
Gabe gingerly lifts it free of its hole and holds it up to the two of them, staring at it. "Wck-at do you thin-ck it doezz?"

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Jeremy said:
Gabe gingerly lifts it free of its hole and holds it up to the two of them, staring at it. "Wck-at do you thin-ck it doezz?"

Mantis has little time to reflect, as the Shard lights up white hot and melts into his palm, small lightning arching up and down the length of his limb.
Flashes of light assail him for a brief moment and then are gone, as he feels himself rejuvinated from the day's exertion.

OoC:pOWER-UP!!!

Mantis +300XP

Jeremy

Explorer
OOC: Mantis goes all Highlander for a moment.

Gabe cries out in pain as the little piece burns its way into his hand and lightning crackles up his arm. When it finishes he doesn't feel much different, maybe a little less tired, and he cocks his head at Tzzecct.

"Ow."

Sparky

Outside:

Zadkiel takes care of the nasty business of seeing to the bodies of the dead Orcs and the Scion. He takes the three more scalps and squints down at the Scion looking ruefully at the blood-smeared edge of his blade. Don't think this'll do the trick. He shrugs and drags the Scion's body over to where the other bodies are.

He walks over to where Brahnz, Wallam and Derry are preparing a meal for the former captives. He hunkers down, lanky form folding, he seems all elbows and knees. And wings. "So, tell me what happened. Start at the beginning." He cocks his head looking at the frail forms.

Remove ads