Scions of the New World:Scene One-Gertle's Gulch...

Sparky

Whistler freezes almost imperceptibly as Vallen's eyes register the ruin of his wings. He relaxes as the flash of curiosity on her face is stifled. He listens politely to the woman, his eyes making their harsh, unblinking contact. He lifts his head to keep tabs on the crew and spots Gabriel moving past Brahnz.

The man's posture is tense and Whistler picks up that tension by reflex. He bristles with readiness and alertness. He looks down at Vallen, a flicker of apology on his face, but all he says is, "Yes, maam. She is. If you'll excuse me a moment." He tugs the brim of his hat and is gone in a swirl of gray long-coat and clinking mail. A white feather, crumpled and twisted, floats miserably on the breeze in front of Vallen's face.

Whistler threads through the crowd and up to Brahnz, "Go get Tzzecct." He smiles crookedly as Lupe' trots up, prize dangling from grinning jaws. The Marshall's head comes up, brow furrowed, "Ezra too."

He moves on again, mouth tightening as he passes where Semm broods after his victory over the other great orc. Whistler tries to quickly cover the ground between him and Tzzecct with his long-legged strides. "What is i--" he breaks off as he sees the two figures skulking away. Without thought his right hand checks the draw of his elven blade and Smoke. "Don't let them out of your sight. I'll send Tzzecct after you."

He turns his eyes back on the gathering... Now are they sneaking away to do something or have they done something already... He quiets his mind and scans the crowd, eyes roving and unfocused looking for anything out of place.

Sparky

OOC: Hey folks, I'm going to bow out of this game. I've really enjoyed playing in one of Uriel's games and have enjoyed playing with the players as well, but I'm trying to streamline my online commitments. I'm still in a couple of games and am around in general - so you'll still see me about. I'll definately keep an eye out for this game, take care and get the sneaky bad guys. [repeated in the IC thread]

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Brahnz roars LUPE` so loud the rafters shake. Seeing that she now has the attention of the entire party her face scales darken and she curtsies as best she can and bolts after the wolf with the turkey leg.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
OoC:Thank you all sincerely for your infinate patience while i set some things right in my life...and now, without further ado...

Ack Whistler had run off? Say it ain't so...I loved that character...

IG

The dwarf dances as best he can, mimicking the elf lass's movements. his eyes are drawn to his Mantis friend's attempt at inconspicuousness, however, seeing the Scion moving away south. tzzecct's eyes scan that direction, seeing a pair of figures moving away and down towars the river.

Brahnz runs after Lupe, the wolf happily darting outside of the light of the party and into the meadow beyond. Stopping short just a dozen yards beyond the light, Lupe suddenly drops the purloined meat and starts to snarl in a low register, which holds a tone conveying fear as well as aggresiveness.

A figure sits atop a horse perhaps fifty feet away, a large hat obscuring it's eyes. No overt movements are forthcoming, but a subtle shift in the way that it sits in the saddle shows that whoever it is, it had little fear of the half-Dragon. A dry whisper echoes in Brahnz' mind Go away, little whelp, lest I give you more than a thrashing. I have business this night, and you are not part of it...'

The Mantis slips silently off, tailing the two men. Down they travel, making haste once they are out of the light of the Party. Perhaps a hundred yards away, they stop, and mantis (who has taken a hidden position behing an old tree stump) can see other shapes coming out of the darkness, ones that move with an odd gait, almost loping. Memories of Semm come to mind, though these are smaller and move with an ungainly gait.

The wind shifts and the mantis picks up the smell of carrion, a rot that chokes him, causing him to cough. One of the shapes stands, then moves forward towards him, even as the two men nervously address another figure, one dressed in covering poncho and hat. A gutteral laugh floats across the meadow, then a shrill scream and Mantis can see the two skulkers go down underneath the mass of whatever these things are.

OoC:There is one of the things perhaps 50 feet away, approaching, sniffing at the air. the others are another fifty feet back. the party is 300 feet behind him.

Ezra hears his name called, after someone points at him when his 'X'ed chip is called. The name Horatio Broglyn is also called, and a large human, his skin glistening with a sheen of water (as if he had just exited a sprinside bath) steps up and into the ring.

Folks chatter with anticipation as the referree explains the rules again. No biting, no use of Gifts that might cause permanent harm, no gouging or fish-hooking.

A bell rings and Ezra finds himself alone in the Ring with this Water Scion.

Sparky

OOC: I can still be here... I've really enjoyed this game and this group of characters... but am pretty overcommitted right now... :/

Oh - and welcome back Uriel!

hafrogman

Adventurer
Ezra grins and nods his head to his opponent even as he slips into a crouch and begins to close with his opponent, with hands spread wide. He never takes his eyes off his opponent, but keeps chatting away with the guy.

"My name's Ezra, by the way. What's yers? Pleased to make yer aquaintance in any how. Should be a right good ol' match we got goin' here."

[ooc - Time for initiative, I suppose. Mine's -1 (whee, speedy). How big is the ring anyways?]

Jeremy

Explorer
"Chit!" Mantis curses under his breath and scans the area quickly. Not particularly confident of his hiding spot to begin with, especially with one of them already scenting the air, and if they take hits like Semm... Gabe's confidence in his steel rapidly declines. So he gambles, relying on his luck and bolts for the rest of the party, hoping that Whistler and the others are just over the ridge.

[OOC: The Mantis runs away.]

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
OoC:Update will have to wait until later today or this eve. I just got called into work 9stupid Salary...) just when i was sitting down to Dundjinni some kewl maps...)

Sparky

Whistler blinks impassively as Brahnz chases off after Lupe'. He clenches his jaw and sets off to collect Tzzect himself. Long strides carry him swiftly, dodging through the crowd. He keeps an eye on the direction he saw Gabe as he covers ground. Finding Tzzecct dancing with the giggling young girl, he draws himself up with an only barely apologetic cast to his stern features, "Pardon me, ma'am. Tzzecct, I need to speak with you."

When Tzzecct glances up at the tall Marshall he sees danger in the shadowed eyes under the brim of his hat. The unspoken 'NOW' in the elf's soft, gravelly voice is plain in his intense amber eyes.

He turns and takes off without a look back, leaving Tzzecct to say his goodbyes to the pretty young thing. He passes where he last saw Brahnz, but cannot see the Drake-gifted Scion anywhere. He keeps moving, quickly and efficiently through the crowd, wings flaring in anger when he is balked by knots of revellers.

ferretguy

First Post
Finally enjoying himself in a town festival, Tzzecct notices the marshal striding without pause up to where he and the elf lass are dancing. Damn! I should of known something would interrupt my fun... he thinks to himself. After Whistler spoilt the mood, Tzzecct bowed as gracefully as he could with his short body. P'hapss anotherr time m'lady....duty does seem to call... Tzzecct turns to follow the marshal out, mumbling under his breath about always bein' interrupted when things were looking up for him.

Remove ads