Scions of the New World:Scene One-Gertle's Gulch...

hafrogman

Adventurer
Ezra munches messily on some barbeque while wandering through the crowd, smiling broadly. He follows the flow of people to the wrestling match and was just about to settle himself down to watch when the gnome approached him.

"Well, gee I dunno, I wouldn't wanna hurt anyone, but if y'all insist, it does look fun."

He stands up again and removes his shirt before stepping forward.

Sparky

The lean Marshall looks down from his search for the Brandle smiths at the woman before him who has boldly extended her hand. His amber eyes narrow without blinking as he turns his eyes on her face. Without dropping his piercing look, he removes his dusty hat reavealing the silver hair beaneath pressed close to his scalp and dark with sweat.

Still holding her gaze he takes her hand and stooping, raises it to his mouth, brushing her knuckles with his lips in a greeting. He lowers her hand and eye contact is finally broken as he sweeps his hat back onto his head. He blinks slowly and rasps in his quiet voice, "A pleasure, milady Umberdale. Zadkiel of House T'lell-Galleinin, Bladesworn to The Law." He draws himself upright, wings flaring as he touches the hilt of his elven blade in a form of salute. Tracker and scout... now that Brahnz is... gone. Dammit. The Marshall grimaces outwardly and unconsciously looks over the heads of those assembled for the Drake girl. He turns his eyes and thoughts back to Vallen and the work at hand.

ferretguy

First Post
Looking at the elven girl gathered with her friends and looking over at him, Tzzecct thinks to himself A elven girl thinking to dance with me?...well I am a hero...but this could be a joke....heros are not joked about...can't dance...but I am quite good on my claws... Quickly finishing his ale and wiping the foam from his beard he moves between the folks moving about the gathering and makes his way over to Belli. Bowing low and crossing his middle arms to his chest he smiles up at her Belli, My name is Tzzecct, and I have noted the entertainers are preparing for another song. I would be greatly honored if you would be this humble ones partner if you would dance with me.

OOC: well, best I can do is Bluff (actually +7) or just use charisma mod at +2
and with dancing...erg....+3 with dex or +2 with wisdom (think thats perform stuff...)

Jeremy

Explorer
As Whistler's eyes scan the room for Brahnz he accidentally meets the gaze of Gabe who makes meaningful eye contact and then jerks his head towards the center of the room. A subtle motion of one of his four arms under his poncho reveals one of his hands on his throwing knives.

The Mantis goes back to watching the room carefully for signs of what is going down, carefully avoiding the distractions of the brewing wrestling match and the comely women.

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Lupe` dashes into the middle of the dance floor and snaps at a feather bobbing up and down from the hat of one of the lady folk. Brahnz lopes in after her companion and picks the timber wolf up in one claw marching back to the wall where she has tried to remain unnoticed Bad lupe`

Last edited:

hafrogman

Adventurer
Ezra looks around at the competition and arena with an interested air. Noticing mostly non-scion opponents, he makes his best efforts to retract his claws in order to keep them out of the way of his wrestling. He joins the other athletes and begins stretching, popping joints and generally looking fearsome.

"So, how's this all work, anyways? Who goes first?"

Jeremy

Explorer
The Mantis watches intently, avoiding the distractions of the brawls and drinking, one of his hands slowly loosing ties of his poncho so that it flies free when he draws and throws.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
bad DM...missing Class!

OoC: Real Life seems to be finally stable, catching up.Welcome back Argent.

Belli giggles as she takes Tzzecct by the hand (claw?) and leads him to the dance floor, moving through the opening routines of Habermann's Waltz, a lively elvish jig whose nature belies it's pompous name. Stumbling through the first steps, Tzzecct quickly finds his insectile mind settling on the logic of the pattern in the steps, moving with ever-growing ease.

<Peform checks were 9...then 21, he is doing OK>.

The girl looks pleased, and her friends are all giggling and clapping along to the tune, moving in time with the drummers and pipe players on the sidelines.

Not two seconds after setting downthe Wolf, Brahnz finds herself exasperated as Lupe dashes off again.Leaping for a platter being carried by a cook,Lupe executes a perfect snatch-n-grab, making off with a massive turkey leg from the serving platter, the elvish cook in tow, cursing the Wolf as he runs. Turning, she finds Whistler talking to a rough looking human woman,the both of them turning to spot her in turn.

Whistler finds the womanto be a friendly, if slightly reserved (and who wasn't in these times and places?) person. She is, however, taken aback by the unfulring of the marshall's wings, a slight smile touchingher lips, to fade as she sees the state of them. A look passes her face suggesting curiousity regarding them, though she quickly clears her face of such a display. Gesturing towards the band, the woman pauses, seeing Brahnz looking their way. 'A friend of yours, my Good Marshall?'
Turning, Whistler sees Brahnz staring right at the woman and himself...

Gabe's keen senses serve him well, as he notices something slightly [wrong[/i] in the way that two of the party-goers stand. Too tense, and far too on edge, these two. Near the edge of the part as well. Hidden guards or some sort of law enforcers, perhaps? the two are a dwarf and a human, both casually armed with blades, though neither seems to wear armor. then, with a nod from the dwarf, the two of them slip off, down towards the distamnt creek that lies South of the party...

Ezra's query brigs a smile from the Gnome.'Why, just throw yer chip inna hat and the Caller'll pick the matches right quick.' The Gnome shows a small wooden chip with his name upon it, passing a similar one and a quill to the Dwarf. A tall Orc stands nearby, an old brown hat upturned in his hands.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Ezra takes the chip and quill from the gnome, quickly turning away to consider them so that nobody can see him blush a furious crimson. He looks around for his friends from breakfast, but they all seem busy. He contemplates the point of the quill for a moment or two, holding in between two thick fingers. Finally, he grips the chip with exaggerated care, and with great determination, manages to scratch a ragged "X" onto the chip. He then walks over to the orc and tosses it into the hat.

Jeremy

Explorer
The Mantis tries to get some kind of sense of what Whistler would have him do, looking at him and inclining his head to the pair slipping out the back, but across the room from the old marshall and over the din of the clapping, wrestling, and dancing, he can barely see the tall scion.

Gabe quickly makes his way towards the same exit, whispering in Brahnz's ear as he passes her by, "Wck-e mzzight hazze troubtck-lemzzakers."

Not particularly one for tailing someone, the Mantis does his best once outside to remain inconspicuous or out of sight.

Remove ads