Scions of the New World:Scene One-Gertle's Gulch...

ferretguy

First Post
Wolfing down a large helpin' of fixins, Tzzecct looks up bits of sausage stuck on his sparce beard. Can't speak for the rest Ma'am but I think things are just great. Best breakfast I've had in quite a spell.Tzzecct finishes up his meal fairly quickly. Well m'friends time for me to go lookin' for some work. Don't think this money we jes' got'll last us that long.

Tzeecct takes his leave and heads down to the tradin' post to look for any work that may need doin'

Jeremy

Explorer
Gabe nods as well and is careful to keep his poncho tightly around his malformed torso as he stands to accompany Tzzecct.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Ezra, having finished his meal gets up from the table. He digs into a pocket to produce a few coins which he leaves on the table for his meal. He brushes at the front of his shirt, removing a fine dusting of crumbs. He looks over to his to breakfast companions as the make to leave.

"Say, you boys don't mind if I tag along, now do ya? I've been fairly bored lately, and y'all are the most interesting thing round these parts that I've seen. Bound to be some excitement soon enough with y'all here."

Sparky

The lean elf squints at Ezra. "No reason." He give the scruffy dwarf a hard look and turns as Gabriel and Tzzecct clatter down the stairs with orders for breakfast. He watches as the two wolf down their meals. He stands, snugging his broad-brimmed hat down over his brow with a practiced sweep. "Ready, then?"
Whistler heads for the door just behind Gabriel and Tzzecct when Ezra asks to accompany the odd crew. The Marshall gives Ezra a piercing once-over tattered wings flaring slightly in a non-existant breeze. He glances to the others hovering impatiently in the doorway, briefly up the stairs, and, finally, inclines his head almost imperceptibly in invitation.

Out on the street:

A wind gusts down the street, eddying dust and grit. Whistler readjusts his hat with swift movements and tucks the scarf around his neck more neatly. He looks down the street toward a sound of ringing and tapping. He nods in that direction and looks at Tzzecct, "We need to unload these weapons and give Semm his share. After that the Trade Post."
At the Smithy:

Whistler isn't so much inclined to haggle with the smith. He takes whatever the man offers and splits it evenly five ways, adding Semm's share to the half-orc's bag. He eyes the manacles criss-crossing Semm's chest and looks at the hulking orcish Scion. "Hope you find what you're looking for." He drops the clinking sack into a corner nearby. "See you around." He tugs the brim of his hat and looks over to the gnome at the anvil and repeats the gesture. "Gentlemen."
At the tradepost:

Walking deftly around the leavings of various beasts, Whistler makes his way to the main building of the Trade post. He towers over most of the Post's merchants, drivers and trail bosses. He kicks the dust off his boots as he enters the dim of the Post's office. He scans the office looking for a board of notices, offers for rewards, guard duty and the like.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Ezra smiles broadly and nods his thanks to the grim faced marshall as he hurries after the others as they step through the door. He follows along with the group watching as they go about their business. He stays a respectful distance back when they conduct their business as say their farewells to Semm. When they reach the trade post he wanders around the building poking around looking for anything of interest.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Smithy

The Gnome haggles a bit, but gives over the proper amount of coin for the weapons <see ooC thread>.

Semm grunts and settles in at his new home, immediately taking to the stress relief and work of pumping a bellows, using his massive muscles for something other than killing fr once...

Trade-Post

A half dozen elves mill about, dressed in trail leathers, long coats and brimmed hats. these have the look (and the smell)of cattle drivers, armed with lassos and short swords, bows and quivers stowed on their backs.
Another Elf seems to be haggling and arguing wth a short fat man about the price of the stock that he has brought in.

In another corner, a pair of orcs puff away on pipes, coughng as whatever weeds inhabit the bowel take their effect. Once proud tribal tattoos are covered with the scars of a hard life, and these two have the look of the town drunks rather than savage warriors.

A gnome (covered in dust, wearing goggles and many tools hanging from his coat) digs through a massive pack of odds&ends, cups,jugs and phials. laughig to himself, he lifts one to the sky,perring, shakes his head and then digs some more. nearby, another Gnome waits impatiently This fellow has the look of a merchant, and an annoyed one at that.

Three dwarves stand at a low table, a bundle of leather before them. One lifts folds away, displaying a gleaming battle axe, a beautiful weapon studded with semi-precious stones. Nearby onlookers gasp and stare one man reaching for it, though he draws his fingers back as a dwarf starts to clear his hammer from it's belt-loop.
'We'll 'ave this'n more ta sell come tommaree. At'the auction block. Bring yer coin gents, fer Clan Brandle's Weapons'r the best w'in two hunnerd miles.'

The Dwarves cover the Axe up again, preparing to depart.

ferretguy

First Post
Keeping his hands clasped behind his chitonous back, Tzzecct walks toward the dwarven smiths as they prepare to exit.
Greeting to you Gentle Dwarves! Although I did not get much chance to see your wares, those that I did see indeed show the great skills your clan possesses. If I do not seem to be to forward...I realize that such finery deserves good protection, not that your security would be lacking no. I would like to offer my services and skills, and possibly a couple of my compainons, in aiding fellow dwarves in making sure that these masterpieces of warfare are availible for auction tomorrow.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
ferretguy said:
Keeping his hands clasped behind his chitonous back, Tzzecct walks toward the dwarven smiths as they prepare to exit.
Greeting to you Gentle Dwarves! Although I did not get much chance to see your wares, those that I did see indeed show the great skills your clan possesses. If I do not seem to be to forward...I realize that such finery deserves good protection, not that your security would be lacking no. I would like to offer my services and skills, and possibly a couple of my compainons, in aiding fellow dwarves in making sure that these masterpieces of warfare are availible for auction tomorrow.

Looking to you warily, the Dwarf replies 'Greetin to ya too, Good Sir. As fer as protectin, we have some dozen o'Me Brothers here in Gertle's Gulch, more'n'enuff ta make sure things runs right, one of'm a Scion ta boot. However, I'm sure he'd think we's remiss if'n we didn't invite ya to our Bar-B-Q tonight, as we are celebratin a new Arms deal with the Elvish House of Quon. We're spittin two steer an a messof birds-n-rabbit, as well as opening a fair number o'Ale barrels.'

hafrogman

Adventurer
Ezra wanders over to the conversation taking place between the insect guy and a mess of dwarves.

"Did I hear y'all mention a good old fashioned cook-out? I don't suppose you got room fer one more. Nothing like fire, meat and good friends for a fun evening."

He looks towards the dwarves with a hopeful grin.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
hafrogman said:
Ezra wanders over to the conversation taking place between the insect guy and a mess of dwarves.

"Did I hear y'all mention a good old fashioned cook-out? I don't suppose you got room fer one more. Nothing like fire, meat and good friends for a fun evening."

He looks towards the dwarves with a hopeful grin.

Smiling, the Dwarf replies 'Fergive me, I dinna even introduce meself. I'm Cogran Brandle, an o'Course yer invited, Master..what wuz yer name,agin? In point'o fact, all in town're invited. her'll be plenty of vittels fer all, as the goodly Elves of House Quon is bringin a mess of turkey'n deer from their woods as well.The vittels'll be served up around 6-ish, though I dare say the fun'll last into the night.Dender's Creek, about a half mile south of here is where we're set up, can't miss it, as the path is an easy one ta find.Now i must bid you good folk Good day as I have several other tasks of a more mundane nature to attend to.Mules an' horses can't shoe themselves, after all...' With that, the old Dwarf leaves, his youner Clansmen bundling up the wares and setting off behind him.

Whistler knew the name of House Quon. One of the familes engaged in weapons trade with several dwarf Clans as well as some less than reputable dealings with the Orc and Goblin tribes of the hills. Their lands were some hundred miles west, in a wood known as the Blackbriar.

Both Dwarf Scions have heard the name of Clan Brandle before. Famed as honest and experienced weaponsmiths, Brandle drive a hard price, but their wors are definately worth the gold.

Remove ads