D&D 5E Screenshot Hero Lab 5e (Non-Official, Homebrew)

ren1999

First Post
MagicSN, you've put a lot of hard work into this character generator and you should be proud of it. You're also proving just how much easier it is to create something without investment and copyright issues. It doesn't take months to design a complete solution for 5th Edition. People like PathGuy, Asmor, and myself that have been designing free digital tools for years have just modified what we have already made. If you want more ideas, have a look at their work and mine. Asmor's Combat Tracker is draggable. It means that each character and monster can be dragged around a map screen as if they were miniatures. I did have a character generator that was integrated into this program, but it is redundant because PathGuy also has one. I also had a way to load every encounter of a module with its monsters, traps and treasures loaded into each encounter. But for obvious reasons I have limited its scope so that I am not legally forced to remove the app.

The game tracker. http://dnd5.weebly.com

LWDLiz

First Post
Agreed, HighlanderFrodie. I'd be bouncing off the walls right now if we had a placeholder forum post of that nature.

Mystic Lemur

First Post
This is great stuff. It may sound silly, but something like this would be enough to get me to "take the plunge" and try out the game. However, I fully expect WotC to spend more time and money making the tools they want to make, rather than the tools their players want to use.

MagicSN

First Post
@ren1999: Dragging sadly bot supported by hero lab. Encounter/Monster stuff: supported as in the acreenshots i posted above but no monsters entered yet. A virtual table is beyond the scope though
and not possible with hero lab. What is possible is interfacing with realms works.

Btw did you read mike mearls latest about ogl? Once they do this ogl-like thing (assuming the wording of the license allows me to) i will release my datafiles. Lets hope this license will be what we hope it is.

Currently i mainly work on bugfixes (and yesterda implemented the death cleric from the dmg preview)

Last edited:

MagicSN

First Post
BTW: The two new specs from the DMG preview. Work of one evening ;-)

snipo.PNG
snipc.PNG

Very Cool dude!!! We are all waiting with fingers crossed!!! I know everyone games different, but for our group we don't play a game system unless it has digital support. But that is just our group.

Remove ads