Scroll Creation Question

Sanackranib

First Post
Is there a formulea somewhere for creationg scrolls at a level above the minimum caster level? if so can one of you let me know where and what it is. the specific use for it is to use the level 2 resist energy spell but at 11th level so it will last longer as well as absorb 30 points rather then 10.

Item creation isnt my stong suit so any help would be MUST appriciated. I do have the 3.5 DMG & PHB so page references are ok too.

Thanks

FireLance

Legend
The market price of a scroll is 25 gp x spell level x caster level (ignoring the cost of expensive material components and xp).

The cost to create a magic item is half the market price plus xp equal to the market price divided by 25.

A scroll of resist energy scribed at 11th caster level would have a market price of 25 gp x 2 x 11 = 550 gp. It will cost 275 gp and 22 xp to create.

Staffan

Legend
FireLance said:
The market price of a scroll is 25 gp x spell level x caster level (ignoring the cost of expensive material components and xp).
Technically, that's the "base price". Market price is the base price plus expensive components + 5*additional XP cost (e.g. 1,500 gp extra for a scroll of limited wish). The base price is also what's used to calculate cost to create and standard XP cost.

Remove ads