Search Functionality

Ysgarran

Actually got a 'Server too Busy' message today. I suppose that is both good news and bad news. Good news that the message boards are that popular. Bad news since even with the non-essential functions turned off that error is still poping.

Having said that, is there a way you could turn on the 'search' functionality for the rules forum only? Is there anything else you can turn off to gain that extra bit of functionality?

graydoom

First Post
I got this error too, just an hour ago :(. It went away after I refreshed a couple times, but still... :(.

And on Search... I don't think it is all that necessary (you can just look through the pages, after all) but if it re-enabled anywhere, it definitely should be re-enabled in the D&D Rules forum first.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
It's not an error. It's a temporary measure I have instigated and is quite intentional. The boards are currently limited to 200 users at one time.

As for the search question, please see my answer in the 'Search' thread.

graydoom

First Post
Morrus -- how does the server which users to refuse and which to accept? I've been logged in constantly but am still getting this error occasionally. Is it a maximum of 200 users currently connected and getting a page from the boards, so who is in and who is out changes constantly?

Ketjak

Malicious GM
Searching for 'Search' thread.

Morrus said:
It's not an error. It's a temporary measure I have instigated and is quite intentional. The boards are currently limited to 200 users at one time.

As for the search question, please see my answer in the 'Search' thread.

Er, since the search feature is disabled, I can't search for the 'Search' thread. ;)

Can you provide a link to it?

- Ketjak

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Re: Searching for 'Search' thread.

Ketjak said:

Er, since the search feature is disabled, I can't search for the 'Search' thread. ;)

Can you provide a link to it?

- Ketjak

My mistake. It's in the big announcement thread at the top of this forum. :)

Remove ads