• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Second best death scene?

Kesh

First Post
Plane Sailing said:
Hmmm.

In the book, Boromir is surrounded by slaughtered orcs, and in the end the orcs obviously had to back off and shoot him full of arrows to stop him (twenty arrows was it?)

In the film, he gets show three times with big arrows and has an extended death scene that almost veers into comedy as he keeps getting up and getting shot once more. Hardly kills any orcs in the process (just a handful).

I know which one says to me 'great warrior' - and it didn't appear on the screen, more the pity.

Cheers

Quite frankly, I'm glad jackson did it the way he did. I'd rather not have Boromir looking like a pincushion by the end of the battle. And arrows do a lot of damage to the human body. Seeing him struggle with those three shots was far more heroic to me, and trading that for a scene of him being hit by twenty arrows would have been more like comedy than what was shown.

Kesh

First Post
On the topic, I thought last week's Stargate:Atlantis was particularly powerful.

While the actual death was quick, it was heroic. And the final scene between Carson and Rodney moved it into "best death scene" category for me.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads