D&D 5E Second Sundering: Returned Deities?

R_J_K75

Legend
You could have several of the gods not die off, but just lost enough worshippers to make them almost dead.
View attachment 136489

In order to come back, they needed to gain more followers and a few NPC leaders of that group rise with a small, but enough for a campaign, set of bad guys other than Lloth.
Or if the god or gods are actually dead some deity or deities may step into grant the spells to the dead gods clergy to further their own ends.

Zardnaar

Legend
There were glimpses of what the Eilistraeens were up to in Death Masks. It wasn't much, but from the sound of things, she has retained her followers. I'm going to assume the same is true for Vhaeraun--and there was a chosen of Vhaeraun in The Adversary.

According to Ed Greenwood, Eilistraee and Vhaeraun were held in stasis in the Weave (so they hadn't actually died, though were nevertheless absent), and have now returned and are allied, though they may not always agree on methodology.

I've had them get along better now since she covered his worshippers briefly as the Masked Lady.

Eis

Explorer
I mean sometimes there's a restocking fee but if they put them back out on the shelf and the packaging is damaged you can get some really good deals

Remove ads