• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

See DRAGON+ On Your Desktop PC

If you're unable to access the mobile version of DRAGON+ for whatever reason, there's good news at hand. It's possible to read each issue on your desktop PC. The three issues so far released are all available, and can be accessed via the links below. Of course, it's designed for mobile consumption, so it's best experienced via that medium. DRAGON+, for those who may have missed its launch this year, is a mobile news app for the D&D brand, including the tabletop RPG, video games, novels, and so on. Oh, and Issues 3 & 4 have free adventures in them. (thanks to darjr for the scoop)

If you're unable to access the mobile version of DRAGON+ for whatever reason, there's good news at hand. It's possible to read each issue on your desktop PC. The three issues so far released are all available, and can be accessed via the links below. Of course, it's designed for mobile consumption, so it's best experienced via that medium. DRAGON+, for those who may have missed its launch this year, is a mobile news app for the D&D brand, including the tabletop RPG, video games, novels, and so on. Oh, and Issues 3 & 4 have free adventures in them. (thanks to darjr for the scoop)

Dragon+_01.png

Dragon+ is your official mobile source for all-things Dungeons & Dragons. This free app for iPhone or iPad has everything you want to know about D&D in one easy place. In addition to ongoing up-to-the minute news updates, every second month you’ll enjoy a new issue of Dragon+ showcasing what’s new in Dungeons & Dragons – from backstory and world information to discussions about what’s coming next with the creators and developers of your favorite D&D products.

Issue #2 -- the one about video games. [reviews] Issue #2 highlights the legacy of Dungeons & Dragons in the world of video games, including new details from n-Space on the world and heroes in the upcoming RPG Sword Coast Legends and pre-generated character sheets based on the companions players will recruit in the single player campaign. Readers can also get a preview of Spellstorm, a new novel from Ed Greenwood, the creator of the Forgotten Realms setting, as well as updates on the D&D Adventurers League, a short story set in Icewind Dale and Heroes of Hesiod, a tabletop adventure for kids.

Issue #3 -- the one about Rage of Demons. [reviews] The latest issue of Dragon+ is your guide to the Underdark, where demons are running amok. Learn the story of Rage of Demons from the creative staff at Wizards of the Coast. Discover how the tabletop roleplaying game, Sword Coast Legends, the Neverwinter MMORPG, novels, and more are coming together to tell one epic story. You'll get the inside scoop on Sword Coast Legends from design director Tim Schwalk and delve into the latest D&D novel, Archmage, featuring R.A. Salvatore's beloved cast of characters. Finally, catch up with what's happening in the Adventurers League community and get access to a FREE PDF adventure, Harried in Hillsfar, featuring the Rage of Demons storyline.

Issue #4 -- a miscellany and another free adventure. [reviews] The latest issue of Dragon+ delves deep into the new D&D video game, Sword Coast Legends. If you're a fan of the tabletop roleplaying game, though, there's plenty for you too: Find out the story and TRPG stats behind Belaphoss, a balor and the main villain of SCL, or learn about the duergar, which feature prominently in SCL and are a playable race option in the upcoming Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide. We'll take you behind the scenes of Neverwinter's new Strongholds expansion. Or, if you want a bit of whimsy, check out The Thweem, a piece of short fiction by Adam Lee and Christopher Perkins, which features monster fan favorite flumphs. Finally, snag the FREE D&D Adventurer's League PDF adventure, Shackles of Blood, featuring the Rage of Demons storyline.

wedgeski

Adventurer
Text selection being actively disabled in the browser is hostile towards the user. I don't support endeavors that don't respect me. Pass.
"As the Rage of Demons storyline sweeps across the tabletop roleplaying game and the Neverwinter and Sword Coast Legends videogames, our epic trailer brings the demon lords and legendary drow ranger Drizzt Do’Urden to life."
I just copy-pasted that from the site via Firefox.

JohnLynch

Explorer
You know what's more useful to me as a DM of 5th edition? Any single issue of Dragon, even the 4th edition ones. I'll be passing on Dragon+.

Inglorin

Explorer
"As the Rage of Demons storyline sweeps across the tabletop roleplaying game and the Neverwinter and Sword Coast Legends videogames, our epic trailer brings the demon lords and legendary drow ranger Drizzt Do’Urden to life."
I just copy-pasted that from the site via Firefox.

Yeah. Firefox uses gecko, not webkit. Therefor the "-webkit-user-select: none;" from their stylesheet doesn't work on FF.

JohnLynch

Explorer
Yeah. Firefox uses gecko, not webkit. Therefor the "-webkit-user-select: none;" from their stylesheet doesn't work on FF.
In summary: WotC tried to treat their customers like thieves who would steal this precious IP* and disseminate it via illegal means and failed. *Anything of value could not actually be found in Dragon+. It is assumed WotC has a -10 in their appraise skill.

JohnLynch

Explorer
Man. I'm really cranky on WotC tonight. I think I'm going to just go get some fresh air. That said I stand by my comments (except for the lack of value. There certainly is value in the effort someone went to in creating the adventure which I'm sure is a good adventure. Unfortunately Dragon+ has the same name as a magazine which was immensely more valuable than the advertisement vehicle Dragon+ has become).

Inglorin

Explorer
In summary: WotC tried to treat their customers like thieves who would steal this precious IP* and disseminate it via illegal means and failed.

Unlikely. It is VERY easy to include the selection block for every browser available. This seems to be more of a webkit/safari/apple device thing than anything else.

JohnLynch

Explorer
Unlikely. It is VERY easy to include the selection block for every browser available. This seems to be more of a webkit/safari/apple device thing than anything else.
I know of no reason that it would be necessary to make it so text cannot be copy and pasted on an iPad.

CapnZapp

Legend
Text selection being actively disabled in the browser is hostile towards the user. I don't support endeavors that don't respect me. Pass.
If I were to become mad at every stupid thing the internet comes up with, I would have exploded by now. Use a real browser, where you can add plugins and extensions to take control over your Internet experience yourself.

Can't change the zoom level on mobile sites? You can with Firefox.
Get redirected against your will? Not with Firefox.
Want to copy text even if the web designer doesn't want you to? Firefox is on your side.
Want to delete individual elements of a web page? Firefox got your back.
Like to browse Pinterest without a login, and don't care for their incredibly obnoxious nag screens? Then use Firefox!
Want a one-click solution to remove tracking cookies from individual sites? Add it to Firefox.

and of course the biggie
Irritated at slow buggy ads that steal space and steal your attention? With Firefox you get a completely different Internet (I almost get a heart attack whenever I'm forced to browse using Internet Explorer!)

(I looked through my Firefox plugins but couldn't find an obvious recommendation. It could be the broswer itself, but unfortunately I'm not sure. Anyway - it works, so that's my message)

CapnZapp

Legend
It's free content. The idea that you're being disrespected is ludicrous levels of entitlement. You don't have to read it or like it of course, but nobody is disrespecting you...and given your comment, it doesn't sound like you've earned any to begin with.
No he's got a point.

Of course, he drew the wrong conclusion. His problem isn't Wizards design decisions, his problem is that his browser isn't on his side.

Remove ads

Remove ads