Seeking Friends of Nature

F

FaDril_Olplyn

WatchThorn Members,

I had went and joined some dryad forces in the High Forest on Faerun in defense of what we found out were some raids being attempted by the Silverymoon Militia. We managed to successfully defend the dryad camp through three planned attacks. Unfortunately, the Silver Knight Manara has tracked me down and I seem to be being hunted. I hope to take care of him myself but please be advised that Manara is an enemy to the High Forest, therefore an enemy of WatchThorn. I am however trying to strike a peace deal with Silverymoon that will allow the forest to return to its orginal glory.

WatchThorn Ranger,
Fa'dril Olplyn

Zeren

First Post
Shakes his head in shames at the response to his letter and places his response under it.

You're taking this way out of proportion. You can't compare a human life to a tree's or bear's. Even if you do that's not the point. I agree whole heartedly that nature should be used to satisfy needs, not for sport. But if you just kill the 'destroyers' you accomplish nothing. In fact you're making it worse for yourself. Let's say you kill a hunter and he has a son. That son will think nothing more than to avenge his father's death and destroy his killer, which he would think it is some animal in the forest. But if you take the hunter and educate him that nature must be preserved and take only what you need, maybe he'll spread the word. Maybe he won't, but you wont be as bad as him.

F

FaDril_Olplyn

What about the life of a Dryad. These creatures are just as smart if not smarter than most humans. Unfortunately, people don't know how to communicate with them. The Forest is a kingdom, and attacking that kingdom for no reason deserves punishment.

S

Ssussunriyh

A white-robed elven lady peruses the messages, then pens a reply...

Why should the forests alone be given favored status? What of the mountains, the plains, the marshes, the deserts, the steppes, the tundras, or the oceans? Should only the one be protected while the rest suffer neglect?

If you wish to see an example of despoilment, I suggest you visit a coastal city and witness the filth and offal that gets callously dumped into the waters of the harbor... Out of sight, out of mind, some might say. And yet there is a whole other realm just beneath the surface.

Give the matter some careful thought.

Respectfully,

Bianca Ssussunriyh.

F

FaDril_Olplyn

Bianca,

Honestly, I do. The only problem is, I can only do so much. For now, the forest is the worst case across the worlds and that is what our first objective is. I am however looking at some of the rivers on Oerth and considering action there. Thank you for bringing up the point.

WatchThorn Ranger,
Fa'Dril Olplyn

L

Lady_Astrianna

Zeren said:
Shakes his head in shames at the response to his letter and places his response under it.

You're taking this way out of proportion. You can't compare a human life to a tree's or bear's. Even if you do that's not the point. I agree whole heartedly that nature should be used to satisfy needs, not for sport. But if you just kill the 'destroyers' you accomplish nothing. In fact you're making it worse for yourself. Let's say you kill a hunter and he has a son. That son will think nothing more than to avenge his father's death and destroy his killer, which he would think it is some animal in the forest. But if you take the hunter and educate him that nature must be preserved and take only what you need, maybe he'll spread the word. Maybe he won't, but you wont be as bad as him.

The normally calm druid actually growls somewhat as she reads this person's reply. Quickly, with bold, angry letttering, she pens a reply.

"Why can we not compare a human's life to a bear or a tree or a flower? Have you ever stopped to listen to a tree or a plant or a bear? To admire its beauty? My guess is, no. You, like the rest of the foolish human race, probably tromp through the forest, ignoring that which would speak with you, benefit to you.
The life cycle of a plant or a bear or a flower or a tree may be shorter than that of a humans, but it is still a cycle to be admired. Of the human race that I have seen, there are not many who admire and respect such life. They do not plant a tree when one is fallen nor plant a flower when one is plucked from its home.
As for instructing the ignorant...do you honestly think they would listen? No. They would not. They are closed-minded people with closed ears, who do not care to stop their wonton destruction for even a moment in time to listen to the voices of nature."

To the One Bianca:
"If worry stresses your hearts so about the oceans and the rivers and the mountains of the Mother, why do you not do something about it? We who have joined have lived in the forests all of our lives, protecting and nurturing it. It is all that we know to protect.
That is what we are...protection. If you worry about it, and wish to truly do something about it, join us."

F

FaDril_Olplyn

WatchThorn Members,

We are planning a special meeting in 2 days at sunset. Please meet at the Crossroads Tavern and prepare to have a type of summit on Guild events.

Fa'Dril Olplyn

((That will be 9 PM EST Saturday or 6 PM PST))

A

Agudo Archmage

portlongladyhoot.gif

Artwork copyright © 2003, Gordon R. Quigley

A stylishly written beige parchment hangs over the last posted note.

This will be a grand moment indeed!
I look forward in meeting everyone, and pray that the Light will guide are wisdom, in the preservation of nature.

Signed

Lady Hoot
High Cleric of the Light

M

melynxt

*a young female human (melynxt) grazes over the notes posted and blinks, beginning to read the lengthy notice of the druid. After finishing, she takes out a bit of parchment, and scribbles a response down with a bit of coal. The panther at her side chuffs faintly, and she jots something at the bottom, before pinning it up with the rest of them, and heading off*

"Iffin this thing still exists...i'd like ta have uh meetin with someone from ya're faction? Please look fer me in tha tavern...My name's Melynxt...an i'd 'ppreciate iffin someone would speak with me..thank ya.

ps. An iffin this thing dun 'xist 'nymore...post such here..please

Signed,
Mely"

Remove ads