Seeking Geograpy help

green slime

First Post
I agree that all too often in such situations, many players tend to think they can tough it out, and waste days, if not weeks on relatively unimportant, non-urgent tasks. 6 weeks to prepare; just wow!

Re:countersinging, you are probably right as per the actual "countersong" ability, but part of any bardic ability is the ability for the recipient ally to hear. Is it not possible that the pro-party bards could simply reduce the enemies' troops capacity to hear, and therefore be affected by the song/war drums?

Shouldn't they have had a clear idea after the first week already, and decided upon where and how they wanted to fight? (Why do players resort to last minute arguing? I've seen players have a clear cut plan, everything agreed upon, and at the last minute, someone will always pipe up and say "Why don't we do Y instead?" and then the descent into madness begins)

Part of the charm with charm monster, is that you wouldn't have to use them necessarily in the battle, exposing them to danger, but use them as scouts, or preparing the battlefield (burrowing), manufacturing items, repairing walls, opening negotiations with others.

I suppose that it is the low level mages that are going to approach within 60 feet, to detect magic to discover where the dispel needs to be placed? Not all Charmed Monsters will be obviously monstrous. ... ;)

I agree, charming is a strategy that could backfire, and should probably only be resorted in desperate straights, after normal diplomacy has been tried and failed.

Anyway, sounds like a great time (except perhaps for the frustrated fighter). Thanks for sharing!

Remove ads