• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Seldarn Empire - The Mega-Module Jam

arwink

Clockwork Golem
Lela said:
Yip the resourceful!

Actually, a large portion of the reason he spent so long on the dagger was because he saw the fight with the gray ooze start. Yip carries bola's and fists, neither of which he was willing to throw into a big pile of acid.

He did have an init score, and during the two rounds of combat he did make strength checks so he could get in and help. Unfortunately, Yip is no-where near as strong as a gnoll with the help of a good hammer :D

arwink

Clockwork Golem
Lela said:
Was there a reason the Gnoll hammered that thing into the wall? Seems a rather odd thing to do.

It was being used as a hook to hang a spare quiver of arrows on, within easy reach.

Essentially, when they went from room to room they found signs that the ambush was pretty well prepared. The dagger was just a flavor element that got very little thought put into it until a certain kobold took an interest in it.

Not sure why he took an interest in it. There were at least one or two daggers among the other party members, and two spare on the assasin they killed. He did though, so it can only be attributed to player strangeness :D

Capellan

Explorer
arwink said:
Not sure why he took an interest in it. There were at least one or two daggers among the other party members, and two spare on the assasin they killed. He did though, so it can only be attributed to player strangeness :D

An explanation that gets a lot of use when it comes to Murray's characters :D

Now quit slacking and update - you still owe us Zalich's entry for the weekend :p

arwink

Clockwork Golem
Capellan said:

Now quit slacking and update - you still owe us Zalich's entry for the weekend :p

That'll happen tomorrow some time. Today I've got to get the results for ceramic DM to Clay before I'm lynched:)

Durhon

First Post
arwink said:

That'll happen tomorrow some time. Today I've got to get the results for ceramic DM to Clay before I'm lynched:)
like thats going to happen!!! (the post that is) LOL

Last edited:

Yip

First Post
Sorry people, using as test to see if I can still submit!

I figure this thread is safe place to try.

Me clear out the cobwebs while I here, seems no-one been around for long time.

HINT HINT

arwink

Clockwork Golem
I'm three posts away from Yip's first real moment of triumph in copperheads, and you're badgering me about this storyhour?

Well, given that we've finally managed something that may resemble a game for these characters, I guess it's time I started updating again.

Tuesday, August 22nd, 508 AF, Continued

Yip is vounteered to go first, scouting out the short stairwell that leads into the dank basement level. The kobold creeps forward slowly, his lithe form clinging close to the walls as he drops down step after step.

The rest of the group follows several dozen feet later, Durhon and Calmert trying to remain as quiet as possible in their metal armor. For the most part, they fail. Yip quickly backtracks and asks them to wait before continuing down.

Yip counts twenty stairs before he reaches the bottom, pausing to peer out at a room that extends beyond the limits of his darkvision. The air is pleasantly cool and wet on his scales, and there is the faint feel of something wet and slimey beneath his feet. Yip waits for a moment, considering the feeling of something oozing between his toes until he's sure it isn't dangerous. It's normal dungeon slime and grime, not dangerous unless you slip and crack your head on a flagstone.

A sudden grunt sends Yip into a crouching stance, the movement fluid and automatic. He strains his eyes and makes out the shape of three gnolls hovering just on the edge of his vision, standing in a lazy formation around an armored figure that holds a loaded crossbow bolt. The gnolls are grunting softly, their mangled common seeming to be questioning when the intruders will arive. The armored figure seems to say nothing, merely inclines her head, and silences the gnolls with a gesture. Yip stands ready, prepared to parry a crossbow bolt flying in his general direction.

It doesn't come.

Several seconds pass before the kobold realises he's well camoflaged by the shadows of the stairwell, his size and natural stealth helping to keep him hidden form view. Neither the gnolls nor their armored master has any idea he's there, all of them seeming to relax, their attention wandering slightly. He figures they heard the armored figures on the top of the stairs, were waiting for someone to come down.

Yip breaks out into a wolfish grin as he stretches out his paws, slowly curling them into fists. His feet pad silently on the cobblestone floor as his magic boots carry him up to the lead gnoll in a silent charge. Before the gnoll has even realised an attack has started, Yip lashes out to crack a kneecap with a hideious yell.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads