[Serenity RPG] Across the 'Verse: Old Friends

G

Guest 11456

Derek Wildstar

Balino smiles expansively. "I know how it is when something - in your case a ship, in mine, our fair moon - gets a hold on you. But it's good to hear you will soon be be back on the bridge. If Lou has her down at Second Life, he'll give you a fair deal. He's a good man, and he's been a big part of our success here on Liann Xin." He drops his voice an insignificant amount and say conspiratorially, "He'll usually gives a cash discount, too. Just don't tell him I told you so."

Derek nods to Mr. Balino. "Thank you for the tip. Now all I need is some investors and I'm all set. Who would you suggest as potential investors?" He smiles at him.

Thanee

First Post
Tatjana

Tatjana returns a friendly smile.

“Oh, you better have to talk with Captain Wildstar about it. I am not really involved in the specifics. But as far as I understand, there are some mutual benefits to be shared, so to say. The Captain needs his ship going, and so he needs someone with the financial background of your husband, for example, to cover for expenses, while offering his ship and crew to make more out of the initial investment. Just business as usual, I guess.”

Maerdwyn

First Post
"But you're right -- it's out there I long to be. It's just a matter of catchin' the opportunities as they fly by."

It would be nice, he thinks, if something serendipidous happens at just this moment, but Castor doesn't expect it, but he does hold his breath for a second. Following a brief silence, he'll repeat his little sampeh bow and excuse himself, saying "I hope you enjoy the evening."

And as he says that, he has a different idea for the song he'll sing first when it's his set.

Mason replies thoughtfully, "Hope you do, too, Friend, hope you do, too. Now, you find yerself on a ship that's captained by someone who ain't been brown nosin' the Blue Suns, you keep me in mind." He takes Castor's hand, and shakes it, passing a small card into Castor's palm in the process. "I deal in open contracts, Friend, but I like it when good folks fill em. This one's been open a few days, so, 'less you get off this rock in the next day or two, the job itself won't help ya; but the chit'll tell ya how to contact my people, case you want to later. Have a good night, Friend."

As Castor excuses himself, a nervous wave moves through the crowd from the direction of the ballroom entrance. To Castor, it sounds like the arrival of an unwelcome vistor that promises a spectacle. He hears Balino's voice moving quickly past his general vicinity toward the doors. "God damnit, Michaelson, can't wait one damn night..." he's muttering to himself.

Maerdwyn

First Post
Derek nods to Mr. Balino. "Thank you for the tip. Now all I need is some investors and I'm all set. Who would you suggest as potential investors?" He smiles at him.

"Well, Mr. Wildstar, that all depends on the kind of business you want to be in, and the kind of return you're willing to promise. Now if you're willing to put some of your efforts towards civlizing our little corner of the 'Verse, I myself might be willing to -- oh Hell." Balino's gaze is captured by something over Derek's shouler in the direction of the door. When he turns, Derek, sees that six Alliance officers in their duty uniforms have arrived at the entrance. Balino says, "Wildstar, I'm sorry, you'll need to excuse me for a moment...," and he instantly begins to move towards the new arrivals."

Maerdwyn

First Post
Tatjana returns a friendly smile.

“Oh, you better have to talk with Captain Wildstar about it. I am not really involved in the specifics. But as far as I understand, there are some mutual benefits to be shared, so to say. The Captain needs his ship going, and so he needs someone with the financial background of your husband, for example, to cover for expenses, while offering his ship and crew to make more out of the initial investment. Just business as usual, I guess.”

"'Business as usual,' is as I'm sure you know, the raison d'etre of 90% of the people in this room," she says with a smile, "so I am sure your captain will find success."

As Ihilani finishes, Tatjana sees a squad of six Alliance officers in their duty uniforms arrive at the ballroom entrance. Their faces indicate they are there for business, rather than as guests or even mere security. Ihilani turns and follows her gaze, and anger clouds her expression. "They have made a liar of my husband," she says almost to herself.

Maerdwyn

First Post
ethandrew said:
Lucius's eyes follow the path of Castor and this Wildstar fellow all the way toward the big boss in the room. He stayed in his corner, content to be a shadow, oblivious to the Blue Suns if he can. Finally, though, he makes his way along the wall toward Melody Josephs. It's clear she's the white elephant in this room, and despite knowing this could cause him to stand out to other partygoers. He pulls up next to her and casually states without blatantly engaging her, "Rough crowd in here tonight, but lively happenings."

The woman, her cheeks set tightly as she looks out over the ballroom, glances at Lucius and then back to the far wall where an old-style stillshow depicts scenes from the early days of Liann Xin's colonization, Mr. Balino figuring prominently in most of the pictures. "All hail the Glorious Leader," she says, bitterness evident.

She turns back to him, "You are one of the surveyors, right?"

As Lucius begins to respond, he looks past her and sees six alliance officers arrive at the ballroom's entrance, and his own fears are brought back to his mind.

G

Guest 11456

Derek Wildstar

"Well, Mr. Wildstar, that all depends on the kind of business you want to be in, and the kind of return you're willing to promise. Now if you're willing to put some of your efforts towards civlizing our little corner of the 'Verse, I myself might be willing to -- oh Hell." Balino's gaze is captured by something over Derek's shouler in the direction of the door. When he turns, Derek, sees that six Alliance officers in their duty uniforms have arrived at the entrance. Balino says, "Wildstar, I'm sorry, you'll need to excuse me for a moment...," and he instantly begins to move towards the new arrivals."

Nearly at the point of getting a major contributor, Derek thinks that Balino might need some backup. So he makes his way after the man. As he moves he tries to spot Tatjana and Aaron and motion them in a like direction, if they haven't already started that way.

ethandrew

First Post
The woman, her cheeks set tightly as she looks out over the ballroom, glances at Lucius and then back to the far wall where an old-style stillshow depicts scenes from the early days of Liann Xin's colonization, Mr. Balino figuring prominently in most of the pictures. "All hail the Glorious Leader," she says, bitterness evident.

She turns back to him, "You are one of the surveyors, right?"

As Lucius begins to respond, he looks past her and sees six alliance officers arrive at the ballroom's entrance, and his own fears are brought back to his mind.

The appearance of the officers changes the nature of Lucius' response, instead he changes tact. He thought about outright denying it, but with a face like his, he's easily recognizable. "I was, yes, but my supervisor and I had a major disagreement and I'm being reassigned, most likely off-world," he lied, casually turning his back to the newcomers, trying to blend in.

Thondor

I run Compose Dream Games RPG Marketplace
"Castor McMenomy?" the voice has a smooth quality to it, a hand touches his elbow and the other hand gives it a firm shake. "Pleasure to meet you. Names Aaron, I was surprised to hear that someone as well known as you would be on this small moon." His accent is almost implaceable, Castor guesses it's owner has been on many different places in the 'Verse. "I couldn't help but hear that you were looking for a ship to benefit from your less famous skills."

Aaron trails off as the commotion begins. He just catches Dereks meaningful look and is about to begin angling in that direction.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Castor smiles, and sighs as if the gravity has just dripped to .4. He pockets the address chit and feels at his elbow, then pulls down until he reaches Aaron's hand.

"Ha ha. Nice to meet you. Yes, indeed. Castor. You never know where the stars will take you, or what the morning brings, as the old song says. But you'd be right -- I have no obligations after tonight, and am indeed looking for some form of employment that will get me off world.

Indeed, it seems there are a number of us."

He finishes the handshake, and runs a finger along the scar that extends from his eyelid to his temple. Then the lopsided smile returns,

"You wouldn't happen to have a ship, now, would you Aaron? That wold make you very popular indeed..."

Remove ads