[Serenity RPG] Across the 'Verse: Old Friends

Thanee

First Post
Tatjana

Tatjana looks a little worried when the officers arrive, but hardly sees any connection with herself or the ones she came with, so it is only a mild feeling.

“Well, I suppose you have more important things to take care of now. Thanks for the nice welcome!”

Tatjana bows slightly as she takes her leave from Mrs. Balino. Just in time to spot Derek Wildstar subtly waving towards her, and so she moves closer to investigate what the captain might have in mind.

Maerdwyn

First Post
Ethandrew said:
The appearance of the officers changes the nature of Lucius' response, instead he changes tact. He thought about outright denying it, but with a face like his, he's easily recognizable. "I was, yes, but my supervisor and I had a major disagreement and I'm being reassigned, most likely off-world," he lied, casually turning his back to the newcomers, trying to blend in.

She nods, almost sympathetically, seemingly oblivious to the shift in his position, except that it puts him squarely in front of her as the orchestra begins to play a tango. "This is my off-world reassignment. Can't quite imagine being sent anywhere worse." She glances over at the commotion, smiling darkly, "This won't make Balino happy. Governor promised him old Alliance warrants weren't going to be executed if people came for the Twentieth. Half the merchant families here had a hand in running supplies for the Independents. Most just didn't have the good sense you and I had afterwards." She lets that sit out there a second. "Pretty sure I saw you in hospital on Verbena after Du Khang - that's the meatgrinder where you got your beauty mark, right?"

Maerdwyn

First Post
As Derek and, further away, Tatjana, near the new arrivals they also see a group of Blue Sun execs moving in the same direction. Balino's face is turning red in anger, and he closes on the soldiers quickly, guests making room. The lead soldier holds up a hand pre-emptively in a calming gesture, saying, "Mr. Balino, your office was notified this afternoon that if you insisted on holding this event, we would be forced to act." Balino just points a commanding finger towards the door, and barks, "Out of my hotel!" The soldiers don't move.

The orchestra strikes up a tango, but most of the crowd is watching the commotion and buzzing about it. Castor and Aaron see not only what is happening near the entrance, but also hear Mason's reaction, which is a muttered, "Aw hell. Day just keeps gettin' better."

Thanee

First Post
Tatjana

Wondering what kind of problem such an event could cause with the officials, Tatjana just keeps silent and watches the exchange from her position.

Thondor

I run Compose Dream Games RPG Marketplace
"I got a captain thats in the midst of getting his ship back, an if we do get back we'll need someone who can keep her flyin'. Me I'm just a pilot trying to get out O' this system." Castor here's a match being stuck, and then the smell of a cigar.
"Hmmm, that commotion over there, it seems the Alliance isn't a fan of this little sinding."

Maerdwyn

First Post
The lead soldier (those nearby see his last name, Cooper, on the brass bar on his chest), gestures toward the back of the room, and two of the soldiers begin moving directly towards door to the kitchen which is there. Dancing stops and worried murmuring begins as guests begin to realize something is going on. Another soldier moves to the orchestra conductor and directs him to kill the music. This happens just in time for Balino's booming, "You will make no arrests here tonight!" to carry over the newly quieter room. Cooper smiles past him and addresses the room directly: "Mr. Balino is right, my friends - we are not here to make arrests. We would, however like to speak with several of you in connection with an ongoing investigation. If I call your name, just come with us for a few minutes, and I promise we will have you back before the open bar closes."

While this happens, Aaron sees a young woman come up to Mason, and both he and Castor hear her speak to the man somewhat bashfully, "My lady sends her apologies at this... turn of events, and asks if you would kindly return her note before you go?" Looking around, Aaron sees Mrs. Balino looking intently at Mason.

Also at the same time, Melody Josephs says intensely to Lucius, "I know who they're here for, and he ain't going quietly - you help me take him down, and we both get back in good with our bosses. You in?"

ethandrew

First Post
Lucius curses and sings praises in his head at the same time. For a very long moment he was afraid they were looking for him, but now Melody believed his story and as much as he'd like to help her, it'd make his appearance known and that was not what he wanted. So he chose to stall, "Wait, who are they here for?"

Maerdwyn

First Post
Melody answers Lucius in a fast whisper, "Balino got the OK for this months ago, and everyone knew there'd be a dozen or three wanted men on his guest list - no one batted an eye. They only found out Mason'd be here today, and he's the one got the Blue Suns' panties in a twist. Alliance is here for him, no doubt. But he'll start shooting if they try to take him. Look at the way he watchin' them. We're behind him - he won't be watchin us. Can take him down before thing's get ugly, and get us both promoted."

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Castor McMenomy stands frozen. Too much movement, too much bustling, and the blind man is caught in the middle. He has been pushed already by one or two people going by him, clearly looking for someone else, but it's still disconcerting. He knows where he is in the room, where the main entrance is, where the stage, and (more importantly, for now) where the door to the Green room is.

He speaks aloud, but not projecting. He's not certain who's nearby anymore, though, and so starts hesitantly. "Aaron? Mason? Lucius? I'm leaving this place. If you want to come, grab my arm. Seems my set might be delayed some."

Castor doesn't wait long though, before feeling his way back to the door through which he first entered the ballroom, hoping that in the confusion he can get into the empty portion of the ballroom just beyond the partition that had been used as a Green room. If anyone takes his arm, he'll ask who it is, and tell him to let him do the talking. He's feeling confident. No way this cant work.

ethandrew

First Post
Lucius looks at Melody, unsure of how he could get out of doing this. Should he help her, yes, it would be good for the Alliance, but it would publicize his whereabouts front and center, and that wasn't something he was keen on doing.

It was then he heard his name, and looking quickly, he spotted Castor. "Go ahead, I'll distract him further," Lucius lies to Melody as he sets off in Mason's direction.

Wending his way through the stalled crowd, he grabs Castor's arm and whispers just loud enough, "Castor, it's Lucius, let's get you out of here."

Remove ads