• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[SERENITY RPG] Redridge and Beyond

maddmic

Explorer
Victor looks up from his seat in the mule. He turns to Mason and looks him over. "Ainsworth? He may have sent these other clowns, but I'm here cuz I heard that there was a mine that collapsed. I thought that some of the miners might need some medical attention. And I brought the preacher man just in case some of them are beyond my fixin' abilities. I guess the others just wanted to come along to protect us or somethin'. Do we need protectin', or can I just start tending to the wounded? I'm guessing that none of you all are skilled in that arena."

He then stands up out of the mule. "Where should I start? Would you feel better havin' one of your men guarding me while I'm doin' my work?"

John casts a sour glance at the doctor when he speaks and then stands up and gets out of the mule behind him. "Yes, point us to the injured, or dead as the case may be. Might be that we can actually save a few more lives. If not...well, I'll make sure to speed the dyin' on to the afterlife. 'Cause you all don't want no more dyin', right?" he says, a hard look on his face.

OOC: More of the intimidatin' stuff...

Pylar

First Post
Sebastian looks up from behind the wheel of the mule...doing his best to look relaxed despite all the guns pointed in his direction. As usual he ignores the comments made about his dress..or his sword. It's better if the under estimate him anyway.
"Gentleman..like the doctor and the Shepard said, we are just here to help those that can be helped. Besides what do you think the four of use can do against all your guns pointed down at us. There are decent men in those mines...and no matter how much gold is down there it ain't worth their blood if they can be saved...."

Sebastian goes on like this for a long as possible..trying to persuade them to let us help...and trying to keep their attention on the 4 of us and the mule for as long as possible Persuasion is d8.

Last edited:

Dagger75

Epic Commoner
John you look around given your hellfire and brimstone sermon face(Intimdate total 13). The man in front, you get his nickname, Stinky (it fits). He looks a bit shaken. His gun lowers. Jones almost looks ready to burst in tears.
Sebastian starts talking, he is not shutting up. Mason is getting a little frustrated, both there voices seem to be rising as they talk. Sebastian about how you are there to help, Mason wanting him to shut up.

Jones then breaks, he cries "We didn't mean to kill em! We just want to scare them! Nobody was to get hurt! Ohh god I don't want to burn in hell, please forgive me!" He drops to his knees wimpering.

Mason shouts "You shut the feh feh pi goh up. I'll put a bullet in your own gorram head if you don't shut up!" He points the gun at his own man kneeling on the ground.

Hidding behind the hill, Gren Gordon and Esther are all crouched down. You make out some words, you probably don't want to get on the recievin end of one of preachers sermons. Sebastian seems to have annoyed the cop Mason.
Good thing because it looks the gentlmen on the roof with the rifle is pointing right at Gordon (Covert, you rolled good 9 but things never seem to go right :) Re-Rolled got a 4 Gunmen Perception 6). It looks like he is whistling trying to get Mason's attention. Might not be long before he does then all hell may breaks loose.

OOC: I am playing Esther for the moment. She has an assualt rifle and it is pointed at the guy on the roof. If you want her to shoot, tell me and she will shoot. She doesn't seem to have a problem killin.

Last edited:

Just_Hal

First Post
If he is whislting and pointing I am thinking we need to take him out, so if we are in pistol range I will fire if Esther can't/won't.

Dagger75

Epic Commoner
OOC: Its a tough shot -2 step but still in Pistol range. Esther has no penalties.
Init: Gordon: 6
Gren: 6
Esther: 8
Rifleman: 10

Sebastian: 13
Victor: 8
Demetrie:4
John : 7
Mason: 5
Jones: Out of combat
Stinky: Cannot act this round

A crack of a rifle disrupts the talking at the mule. Gordon instinvily moves to the side, the bullet lands right where he was lying. (Rifleman Attack 6 Gordon Agility 6 tie to the defender)

Ester kneels a bit and points her gun at the rifleman, she shoots (Rolls 14) The Rifleman sees her and tries to dodge. (Dodge: 12) The bullet grazes him in the leg.

Gordon you see the man diving down and take a shot (Attack 13), he tries to dodge (Dodge 8) you but doesn't. Your bullet hits him the shoulder.

Gren you fire (Attack 9 innate dodge 4), the bullet sinks into the man's gut, he clutches his stomach and falls.

At the Mule, the argument has suddenly stopped as gun fire is heard. Masons gun looks like he is ready to shoot Sebastian. Jones is crying on the ground mumbling "I didn't mean to shoot em." Stinky is a bit shaken and won't get to act this round. The 2 futherest ones while watching the action are a bit far and not in good positions to act. Next round they will be in pistol range.

OOC: Give me 2 rounds what you want you do. You can do muliple actions with -1 step per action over the first. For example if you Attack and Dodge an attack it -1 step to each action. Dodging is Agility + Athletics(dodge). If you beat the attack with the dodge roll no damage. You have to dodge each attack sepratly. You get a free innate dodge which is just your agility roll against each attack. I am going to try intiative round by round for something different, the ever changing tide of battle.

Pylar

First Post
Sebastian hears the gun fire...and he springs...

He is doing two actions this round. First he is springing out of the Mule in the direction of Mason. (Athletics/Agility d10+d4) Second he is going to make a melee attack on his gun arm with his sword. (Sword/Agility d12+d10+d6) Aiming for the wrist trying to sever the hand, or at least disarm him. (pun intended) I will also use 3 plot points to my melee attack

maddmic

Explorer
1st round action:

Victor had already made up his mind, the gunfire and confession only sped up his actions. Without blinking an eye, he pulls his pistol and fires it at Mason. He then calls out to the others.

"The one on his knees lives. We need a witness."

2nd round action:

Victor will continue to fire at Mason if he still stands. If not, he will turn to the next threat (ie. person with gun not person crying and posing no threat.)

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads