D&D 5E Settings from elsewhere that you'd like to see converted to D&D?

Mad_Jack

Legend
Steven Erickson's world from The Malazan Books of the Fallen series...

Ye gods, that man can build a world... :p

You'd need to seriously tweak the D&D magic system to make it work, and of course it doesn't contain any of the standard fantasy races...
But the books themselves contain more than one world, so it could easily be posited that the D&D races simply came from worlds that weren't explored in the novels. Plus, some of the D&D races like the drow, the shadar-kai and aasimars/tieflings could be used to represent the other races of people found in the books who come from different worlds.

CreamCloud0

One day, I hope to actually play DnD.
The world of The Abhorsen books.
Oh yeah! especially if you played up the two sides of The Wall as a thing mechanically, one 'modern day' side where tech works and magic doesn't and the other 'fantasy' side where tech fails but magic works, having to manage your equipment and abilities so that you're not left high and dry when you need to do anything on the other side of things.

Fifinjir

Explorer
Every so often I get a renewed interest in Ultima, so a conversion for Britannia would be appreciated. It’d have to rework how spell components work, and don’t even ask me how to implement playable gargoyles.

The Storm Hawks cartoon series. It would make for a good D&D setting for this reason:

Storm Hawks is set on a fictional world called Atmos, a largely mountainous world consisting of scattered, towering, plateau-like land masses known as terras. Directly below the terras lie the Wastelands, the most dangerous area of Atmos, with infernal fires and wicked creatures. Because of the geography, travel is mostly dependent on flight. The technology of Atmos is based around energy-generating crystals, used to power the various devices in the series.

The setting was populated by humans, Merbs (who look like green-skinned elves), Raptors (Lizardfolk), Wallops (Rhino-like humanoids), Blizzarians (think Haregon).

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
Every so often I get a renewed interest in Ultima, so a conversion for Britannia would be appreciated. It’d have to rework how spell components work, and don’t even ask me how to implement playable gargoyles.
I just used Dragonborn for the gargoyle story in my version of Ultima. Little more emphasis on the wings.

Dragonhelm

Knight of Solamnia
I think an obvious setting for conversion to 5e would be Pathfinder since both Pathfinder and 5e evolved in their respective ways from D&D 3.5.

And hey, if you're converting Pathfinder, you might as well convert Starfinder too. :)

Remove ads