D&D 5E Settings from elsewhere that you'd like to see converted to D&D?

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
If you haven't already, check out Adventures in Rokugan. It uses the 5e rules, though they have their own classes, species, and such. Still, should be able to be adapted for use with regular 5e pretty easily.
I have it, but if I were to play L5R again it would likely be with AEG's 4th edition rules. I find them better suited to the setting than any version of D&D.

Micah Sweet

The creators of all the bespoke RPGs for the settings mentioned in this thread are weeping and/or tearing their hair out in frustration.
I hear you, and usually prefer bespoke rules to D&D conversions, if such exist. But 5e brings in the $$$, and no company can easily ignore that. Plus, plenty of the suggestions here don't exist as an RPG at all.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I hear you, and usually prefer bespoke rules to D&D conversions, if such exist. But 5e brings in the $$$, and no company can easily ignore that. Plus, plenty of the suggestions here don't exist as an RPG at all.
We're on post 35 and I count 10 "gee, it'd be nice if this were a D&D setting" items that have RPGs. In some cases, more than one.

It's hard to imagine how D&D could do Buffy better than the actual Buffy RPG or Monster of the Week can. Monster of the Week is an exceptional game for that entire genre, in fact. Take the Buffy sourcebooks (sadly cancelled halfway through the line), add them to Monster of the Week, and you've got years of Buffyverse fun.

Micah Sweet

We're on post 35 and I count 10 "gee, it'd be nice if this were a D&D setting" items that have RPGs. In some cases, more than one.

It's hard to imagine how D&D could do Buffy better than the actual Buffy RPG or Monster of the Week can. Monster of the Week is an exceptional game for that entire genre, in fact. Take the Buffy sourcebooks (sadly cancelled halfway through the line), add them to Monster of the Week, and you've got years of Buffyverse fun.
Sure, but it was my suggestion, and I don't like storygames. An alternative would be welcome, and although I agree that the actual Buffy RPG would be ideal, I only have it in pdf and don't really have much opportunity for one-shots with different games with my group.

A reimaginated version of Buffy vampire slayer is relatively easy to be converted into d20 system, not only d20 Modern but 5E Ravenloft. Almost never firearms were used.

If you want lore or background, you only need to read the fandom wiki.

It wouldn't be totally impossible in a future a crossover Buffy - Ravenloft.

A "mini-setting" within d20 Modern was "Night Stalkers", "Shadow Stalker" or like this.

Remove ads