{Settings Tournament} Round 3...And then there were Eight

Which do you prefer?

• Poll closed .

Mercurius

Legend
So we're down to eight. In the last round, there were two surprises, in my mind. One is that Ravenloft handily beat Dragonlance, 37-17. I know its a pretty small sample size, but once you get over 50 votes it becomes somewhat meaningful, and that's a pretty lopsided victory.

The other surprise wasn't an upset, but it was narrower than I thought it would be: Golarion just narrowly escaped Birthright, 28-25. I would have thought the margin would have been broader.

Anyhow, on to Round 3, the Final Eight. I'm going to give this one five days so as to get more votes.

Balesir

Adventurer
Um - is this supposed to have a poll?

Edit: oops - jumped the gun, there!

One comment on this round - the two most "variant" settings, Eberron and Dark Sun - head to head seems harsh.

Sound of Azure

Contemplative Soul
That one was a lot harder. Eberron, Golarion, and FR have far broader settings- and are therefore open to more types of stories. That's great, but my games tend to be heavily themed- so I ended up picking the ones with the more intriguing premise to my eyes. In the case of Greyhawk vs. Mystara, Greyhawk is simply more familiar to me thanks to 3e.

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
If Planescape can hang on to that early lead and knock out FR that would count as a huge upset in my view.

And come on, Mystara - it's only Greyhawk! Get it together, there's still time! :)

Lanefan

Mercurius

Legend
Its early yet but it looks like its going to be Greyhawk vs. Ravenloft and Planescape vs. Dark Sun in the Semifinals. I'm still hoping for a Golarion win over Ravenloft, but who knows.

Greyhawk vs. Planescape in the Finals? That's a tough one to call. Planescape is an old EN World favorite, and if Shemeska can get his crew to come out and vote, old Sigil might have a chance. But Greyhawk has been getting a lot of love these days, and is the old classic.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases