• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Several Rules Questions

RogueJK

It's not "Rouge"... That's makeup.
The Summoned Monster/Haste thing does seem rather familiar, but I can't find the ruling by the Sage. I do know that he's commented on it, though. Does anybody know his exact answer, or know of a place to find it?

As for the other questions, I think I've got the answers:

1) Yes. Explained on page 37 of the DnD FAQ.
2) +14. It doesn't affect the caster level. It's a flat bonus to the check.
4) Up to the DM. Stated on page 121 of the PHB.

Mahali

Explorer
RogueJK said:
3) When you cast a Summon Monster spell (or any other spell with a casting time of 'one full round') while hasted, does the spell go into effect on that turn? Do you still get the extra partial action?

4)How many free actions can you take in a round? I realize that it's unreasonable to have unlimited free actions in one round, but my DM seems to think that you can perform only one. I can't find an official ruling either way, so what do you think is a reasonable number? Or is there an official ruling that I've missed?

Thanks for the help!
3. The Sage said a full round spell cast while hasted uses the Haste partial action to complete the spell. So technically yes, you get your partial action but you're still casting the spell (so not really). The spell takes effect that turn and the summoned monster attacks (and it counts as 1 round of being in existance so the # of attacks the monster gets doesn't change). Check the FAQ although he could have said this in an e-mail that someone posted.

4. As many as the DM thinks is reasonable (and that is the official ruling). Dropping a weapon, using quickdraw, talking all at the same time no problem. Dropping and drawing 5-6 weapons... problem.

Remove ads