D&D 4E Shado's 4e Color Landscape Sheets v1.2: UPDATED 6/24

darjr

I crit!
Just wanted to repeat that your sheets are cool.

I've been using them for a while and just got a look at the landscape sheets from WotC. Yours are better. Thank you!

P.S. count me in as one who thinks it might also be better if the powers and attacks were not present on the sheet at all but all on cards.

pantsmessiah

First Post
Hey guys.. sorry I've been absent recently. Lots of real life getting in the way! Here's a quick fix for this bug. BTW, thanks for doing the powers & rituals sheets that I never got around to finishing! At some point, I'd like to redo the form on the newer sheet, but I wouldn't expect it to be real soon. (I need to start gearing up for GenCon! :))

I'd just like to thank Shado, these forms are great.
And to Vesper: in your fillable form, it's adding whatever you put into the armor penalty box (not sure if you realized it already or not)

So if you just type a "2" it will add it giving you 12 when it should be 8. You can get around this by typing "-2"

bugbyte

First Post
Hi all.

I have created new fillable versions of Shado's PDF sheets from scratch, with the following features:

• used same font as Shado, for consistency
  • v1.2 of Character Sheet, and auto font sizing, as requested by Zzorba
  • Automatic weight calculation and XP fields center-aligned, as requested by Irda Ranger
  • Armor Penalty subtracted, as requested by pantsmessiah

Attachments

• Shado's 4e D&D Character Sheet v1.2 fillable.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 719
  • Shado's 4e D&D Ritual and Power sheets fillable.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 510

Zzorba

First Post
Thanks for working on this, bugbyte. They look great, but I haven't used them yet because Adobe reader is telling me I'll be unable to save them once they're filled out. Is anyone else having that issue? Is there a way to resolve it? It would be a real pain to have to fill the sheets out again every time you level up, or gain a power, or whatever.

renatoram

Explorer
Actually, there are fillable pdfs that CAN be saved with just the reader. I don't know what's the difference in making them, but it clearly depends on the way/tool used to prepare them by the author.

The first version of these sheets could, in fact, be saved with all the info filled in.

bugbyte

First Post
Thanks for the tip, renatoram. I found the option for enabling saving with Acrobat Reader. Here are the updated files.

Attachments

• Shado's 4e D&D Character Sheet v1.2 fillable.zip
    828.9 KB · Views: 1,167
  • Shado's 4e D&D Ritual and Power sheets fillable.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 762

Vesper

First Post
Hey guys I'm alive again. :) Sorry for my extended absence. Freetime has been in short supply lately. Thanks to bugbyte for making new 1.2 versions of the fillable forms. Let me know if you guys need me to work on anything.

JeffRubinoff

First Post
Just wanted to repeat that your sheets are cool.

I've been using them for a while and just got a look at the landscape sheets from WotC. Yours are better. Thank you!

P.S. count me in as one who thinks it might also be better if the powers and attacks were not present on the sheet at all but all on cards.

I like the Shado sheets better than WotC too, but I'm +1 on removing powers and attacks. The characters are 3rd level and already there is not enough room. I'll move the party's sheets over to the new forms sometime soon.
My players and myself do find the Weapon and Implements section confusing because there's no place for adding stat bonuses, but then I guess that would depend on the attack. I imagine that you use the base number in the Weapon and Implement table and feed it into the equation for the basic attack or power that you use, but it's not obvious. I don't know if that's a problem with these sheets or 4e generally, though. 4e seems to go out of its way to present things in the least "mathy" way possible even when some detailed equations (with consistently defined variables!) would be a big help.

Remove ads