Shamus does AoO

FreeTheSlaves

Adventurer
hexgrid said:
I don't understand why anyone would be offended by the comic...

It probably is little to do with the comic and more to do as the op using the emotive word "hate", there having recently been some heated thread on the topic, and some half-rant at the end of the comic. Sigh...

Using that comic as 'proof' of AoO failings is a bit like a poster using SKR's rant on keen/imp crit stack. It doesn't stack up as proof but rather as a (legitimate) distaste.

Mystery Man

First Post
Mr. Patient said:
For me at least, the funny comes not in the supposed critique of the rules, but rather the idea that heroes would be arguing minutiae like this in the middle of combat.

This is what I found funny too.

greywulf said:
Everything is open to review of course, so if someone could come up with a compelling reason to add them back (and a way to avoid all those times that the rules intrude on the imaginitive play because of them), I'd be happy to hear it and take it to my group.

I personally do not care one way or another how you run your game. Continue to link teh funnay however.

papakee

First Post
More AoO humor (?)

Player : I would like to take my ayeoooo.
GM : What?
Player : My ayeoooo.
GM : What?
Player : The drow (pronounced like cow) moved out of that square.
GM : You mean your A-O-O. You've been playing Cthulhu too much...
"ca-cha-cha"

I liked AoOs better in Squad Leader when they were called Opportunity Fire..."babumpba"
I liked Threatened Area better in Third Reich when it was called Zones of Control.."ching"

What do you call an AoO taken during your turn?? your attack..."hahahahaha"
What do you call an AoO with a +1 long sword against a werewolf?? Useless waste of time unless your strength attribute is greater than 13 or you roll a crit..."hahahahahah"

Comedy is not pretty...sometimes its not even funny..... :)

Remove ads