Shamus does AoO

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
I don't respond well to dumb comedy. AoOs really lend themselves to satirizing, but this isn't it.

Can someone explain to me why Legolas, a 6th+ level character, still hasn't worked out that he can't make attacks of opportunity with his bow? I mean, it's not like knowing that is difficult, especially when the elf uses his bow *all the time*.

greywulf

First Post
MerricB said:
I don't respond well to dumb comedy. AoOs really lend themselves to satirizing, but this isn't it.

AoO lend themselves to satirizing because they're so darned broken. That's all there is to it, really :)

MerricB said:
Can someone explain to me why Legolas, a 6th+ level character, still hasn't worked out that he can't make attacks of opportunity with his bow? I mean, it's not like knowing that is difficult, especially when the elf uses his bow *all the time*.

I find that most characters wouldn't understand what an AoO is either - just the same as they wouldn't understand HP, AC or anything else that's a rules concept. The player on the other hand, probably doesn't understand it because it's such an obtuse, badly written piece of rules tripe. This from me, a gamer with almost 30 years' experience. I know bad rules when I see them, and AoO is one of the worst.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
MerricB said:
Utterly stupid strip.

There is nothing even remotely difficult about AoOs in that situation.

I agree. Although they can occasionally be difficult, I don't think it was in that situation. Although I like that comic, this day's didn't interest me at all.

Remove ads