• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Share the Love thread

Grapeshot, what is your "user id" on Amazon? It's useless to ask us to remove your alltel email address, since Amazon lists people by their "user id" and not their email address.

As for the 50 email limit, that sucks... (I sent a couple--duplicates, oops--STLs, on Complete Divine and the player's guide to Midnight. Hate to think I missed people...)

Definitely need to do the whole "do you want to be on the list" email thing...

Aristotle

First Post
I think we should see if some people want to be taken off of the list first. If you aren't making purchases then you really should step aside to make space for those that are.

After that, if still over, I think that the group should be split. The split groups shouldn't operate independently though. They should tier to one another so that the more important shares are still available to everyone. In example:

If someone in Group 1 shares the love with their group on five items - anyone in their group who purchases one or more of those items shares the love with Group 2. Likewise Group 2 shares would trickle down to Group 1 as well. Not perfect, but at least we should still see discounts on all of the new releases.

Welverin

First Post
Aristotle said:
If someone in Group 1 shares the love with their group on five items - anyone in their group who purchases one or more of those items shares the love with Group 2. Likewise Group 2 shares would trickle down to Group 1 as well. Not perfect, but at least we should still see discounts on all of the new releases.

This is basically what I was thinking. Though I've been thinking more along the lines of a primary list (for people who order frequently/a lot) and a secondary list (of people who don't orde frequently/that much).

So when someone orders something they send a StL to the primary list, then when someone orders using that StL and are asked to send out a StL they send it to the secondary list.

Until then Taelorn76 feel free to take me off (dan_de_lion##hotmail!!com), but I'm not sure how much I will/can get so I won't eat up a spot. There are a few things coming I'm interested in (Eberron, Planar Handbook, Races of Stone, anything SW, d20Future, WoD 2.0, V:tR).

I'll pop in later to give a heads up, so someone down the line can include me.

thundershot

Adventurer
Hm.. okay, we've definitely got too many people. So... how about we try it with the two lists. If you're on list A, then send the love to list B and vice versa.

For example: I'm about to order the Mother of All Encounter Tables. I'll send the love to list B (since I'm on list A). Anyone on list B that orders that book through my love, sends THEIR Share the Love to list A. This way everyone gets a chance to buy as long as one person on each list orders. I hope I explained it okay...

LIST A
aggieflyboy##hot!!rr!!com,
arcady0##yahoo!!com,
aristotle##manastorm!!net,
choonpiaw##hotmail!!com,
cld##thundershot!!net,
cperkins##si!!rr!!com,
creamsteak##hotmail!!com,
cybercat##rookhaven!!com,
dan_de_lion##hotmail!!com,
davechua##yahoo!!com,
davencarol##voyager!!net,
dbolyard##neo!!rr!!com,
Deth_Jester##netzero!!net,
derekbecker##hotmail!!com,
dominique!!crouzet##libertysurf!!fr,
etanmoonstar##comcast!!net,
Falanor##hotmail!!com,
fba827##hotmail!!com,
ftjarome42##aol!!com,
ftn4life##earthlink!!net,
gariig##yahoo!!com,
garrettdm##ameritech!!net,
GenSabin##wi!!rr!!com,
gustietodd##mindspring!!com,
harle_1##yahoo!!com,
injiginiput##hotmail!!com,
johngocska##yahoo!!com,
j.kurk##insightbb!!com,
jcpdsgn##yahoo!!com,

LIST B
kamalyn40##hotmail!!com,
KirinTor##CodeMonkeyPublishing!!com,
kmarable##siweb!!com,
kythrain##netscape!!net,
LGodamus##charter!!net,
matt!!haddix##comcast!!net,
mixmaster15##mail!!com,
mglickman##snet!!net,
msettlage##pdq!!net,
napamathguy##yahoo!!com,
niks50##aol!!com,
ntodorovic##myrealbox!!com,
ohGr##hotmail!!com,
physics_ninja##hotmail!!com,
proteansifter##msn!!com,
publico##omokage!!com,
racltaylor##yahoo!!com,
rdorman##gwi!!net,
shalev##simplyphysics!!com,
simen_88##hotmail!!com,
sithtarrasque##hotmail!!com,
steev##2d12!!com,
taelorn76##hotmail!!com,
tn00smith##cox!!net,
tomchristy##cox!!net,
vrylakos##hotmail!!com,
wasgo##gamebox!!net,
wocky##ciudad!!com!!ar,
zachslists##zachshuford!!com,

I'm gonna send it through right now...

Chris

thundershot

Adventurer
ntodorovic##myrealbox!!com

and

msettlage##pdq!!net

both came back due to some kind of spam-blocker... please put amazon.com as part of your "white list" if you could.

Thanks
Chris

tmaaas

First Post
Ideas to bypass 50-email limit...

Idea #1:

Before ordering, add everyone on the list to your Amazon friends list.

Then, when Sharing the Love, just check the "Send to all my Amazon Friends" checkbox. Hopefully this will bypass the 50-email limit.

------------------------------------

Idea #2:

Instead of merging the all new emails into one alphabetical list, have them sorted by date added. We can then break the list up into chunks of 50. When "Sharing the Love" you only enter in the "new" emails since the last time you Shared and check the "Send to all my Amazon Friends" checkbox. This should send to everybody.

Of course, the first time somebody shares they would need to add the entire list first (via Idea #1) to bypass the 50 email limit.

The primary purpose of using this process is to make it easy to just add the new emails to your Friend list. Currently, every time you order you'd have to add the entire list to make sure you got everyone.

Taelorn: this would be keeping the list in a spreadsheet format with both email and date added. After you add somebody new, you just sort and then update the thread.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Idea #3:

If there's no way to bypass the 50-email limit or if the people on the end of the list are being left off because it's too much trouble to Share with them:

Divide the list into equal chunks, and, when you Share, you use the list with you email address on it.

This has both pros and cons when compared to thundershot's idea.

Pros: you wouldn't have "preferred" and "secondary" lists. I could see the people on tundershot's "B" list getting upset because they only get the Love if somebody chooses to buy from the "A" list people. This would make having your email on the "A" list more desirable. Also, this method can handle over 100 emails (which we'll get to eventually).

Cons: you'd only get Love from the people on your list.

Anotherway of looking at the pros and cons: tundershots method potentially will give more Love to the "A" list people and less to the "B" list (thus creating hard feelings), while Idea #3 would give an equal but lesser amount to all.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: if the first method works, would somebody please confirm it. You can do so by (from your Friends page):
* Clearing all your Amazon friends.
* Adding the entire list.
* Sharing the love via the Share w/ Firiends checkbox.
* Post here that you shared, and we can then check with the last couple of people on the list to ensure they got the Love.

Once confirmed, we can add this process to the instructions in the first post.

Yes, it's a little more cumbersome, but hey--that's the price of success!

-- tmaaas

Last edited:

Remove ads