Share Your Thanks-Gaming

Retreater

Legend
In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I thought I'd share some gaming-related things I'm thankful for. Feel free to add your own.

• A great community here on ENWorld. It keeps me engaging with others, especially when I haven't been able to socialize as much as I'd like.
  • Those Level Up PDFs. It's great to see what others have been able to do creatively.
  • The art and inspiration from The Enemy Within books from Cubicle 7. It reminds me that story, character, and setting are important in games.
  • I'm thankful that I had the opportunity to try Pathfinder 2E, even if it didn't go so well.
  • I get to GM regularly for two pretty great groups, both of whom are willing to try new, creative things.
  • I'm so happy that I got my HasLab copy of HeroQuest, a game I've been wanting for decades. I am currently painting the minis.
  • And speaking of painting, I've had lots of time to paint my backlog and also to hone my skill.
  • And connected to that, I've gotten decent at 3D printing. That's been a great, new hobby.
  • I finished writing my book, got it accepted by a publisher. Just waiting for it to hit crowdfunding before I see it in print.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Im thankful for all the RPG companies making great stuff for me. Traveller books, Battletech minis and maps, Android universe, etc...

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
I'm thankful for the indie game companies on Kickstarter. They're keeping the game fresh with new and exciting content, sometimes really experimental stuff that would never get green-lit at a larger publisher, and they keep streamlining the game with new mechanics and techniques. My game catalog has grown by leaps and bounds, thanks largely to Kickstarter-funded games and game settings.

aramis erak

Legend
I have a quirky but great group of gamers to draw upon. They're up for a variety of games.

I've a wife of 26 years who still puts up with me... gaming is our common ground.

I'm grateful for online gaming, Roll20, DDB, and the huge mass of eager players out there, allowing me to GM two weekly groups while maintaining high player standards.

Hex08

Hero
I'm thankful for the hobby as a whole. I probably started playing in 7th grade and at 53 years old it's still one of my favorite hobbies.
I'm thankful for TSR (R.I.P.) for introducing me to AD&D 1e & the D&D basic & expert sets.
I thankful for the ton of other RPGs I've been introduced to over the years.
I'm thankful for Fantasy Grounds so I could keep playing with my friends after I moved to another state.

Remove ads