Sharn: How is it?

Psion

Adventurer
Mmmm. Okay. But I don't seem to recall any four way gang wars or floating towers in Waterdeep, nor do I recall hearing that sharn was ruled by a council or nobles that keep their real identity hidden.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Psion said:
nor do I recall hearing that sharn was ruled by a council or nobles that keep their real identity hidden.

You hadn't got to the bit where it's revealed all of Sharn's rulers have been replaced by Changelings, have you? ;)

(Yes, I am making this up. I think).

Cheers!

Sorren

First Post
Porting it over to another setting may be a problem for no other reason than the NPCs in Eberron tend to be lower level. It's not like Waterdeep where you can't throw a stick without hitting an epic level archmage.

Arnwyn

First Post
jaults said:
Is it useful to those of us not playing an Eberron camapign?
I hope so, since I'm likely going to buy it today - I'm hoping to be able to adapt it to the Forgotten Realms, and insert it in the country Halruaa.
Sorren said:
It's not like Waterdeep where you can't throw a stick without hitting an epic level archmage.
Wish I knew what Waterdeep you're talking about.

Mystery Man

First Post
arnwyn said:
He is correct about FR and Waterdeep having high level NPC's, not so much epic though that may be stretching it just a little. I'm thinking that there my be some good ideas in this book to leech over to my FR campaign but I just don't see the need to waste the money since the Waterdeep setting is coming in the summer.

Back on topic...

Why there are so few high level published NPC's in a city like Sharn makes not one bit of sense. I would have to make my own up, which is fun.

Mystery Man said:
Why there are so few high level published NPC's in a city like Sharn makes not one bit of sense. I would have to make my own up, which is fun.
Unless, of course, you're of the school of thought that all those high level NPCs themselves don't make sense... ;)

Sorren

First Post
Mystery Man said:

Eberron sees character with levels above 6th (or 9th in the case of Sharn itself) to be almost unheard of. They are the elite. The pinnicle of their race. There were once more higher level characters, but most all of them used their experience to help in the war, which eventually led to their death.

Nothing like a few decades of war to thin the population.

This gives the PCs a chance to become real heroes. At 20th level, fighters become unstoppable warriors of legend, mages are seen as demi-gods, clerics are messiah figures, or incarnations of the gods etc.

Arnwyn

First Post
Mystery Man said:
not so much epic though that may be stretching it just a little.
Just a little.
Why there are so few high level published NPC's in a city like Sharn makes not one bit of sense.
I agree, given the very clear D&D demographics combined with the short amount of time it takes to level.

The_Gunslinger658

First Post
Hi ya-

I guess they left crafting High Level NPC's to the DM's. Of course the amount of work involved is truly time consuming.

Scott

Mystery Man said:
He is correct about FR and Waterdeep having high level NPC's, not so much epic though that may be stretching it just a little. I'm thinking that there my be some good ideas in this book to leech over to my FR campaign but I just don't see the need to waste the money since the Waterdeep setting is coming in the summer.

Back on topic...

Sorren

First Post
arnwyn said:

Look closer. They are hard to see with all the elves in the way.
:lol:

I kid. I kid.

Seriously though, to each his own and all, I just don't care for Forgotten Realm's power level or emphasis on elves (especially drow, which has become ridiculous).

I just hope the warforged doesn't become the new drow...

Remove ads