Sharn: How is it?

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Do Changelings need more love?

I guess we'll have to wait until Races of Eberron - I've got a Changeling player in my group and he really wants to see some Prestige Classes or similar for him.

Cheers!

Hellcow

Adventurer
MerricB said:
I guess we'll have to wait until Races of Eberron - I've got a Changeling player in my group and he really wants to see some Prestige Classes or similar for him.
Sorry! But there will indeed be lots of options for changelings in Races of Eberron. So set the countdown clocks up again...

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
Actually, there's a lot of love for the changelings in Sharn. It's just not mechanics based. From changeling prostitutes to the Tyrants to the fact that "Counterfeit of Identity with Criminal Intent" is a crime in Sharn, there's a lot more material on changelings and their involvement in the world, information that was conspicuous in its absence in the ECS.

Demiurge out.

Storminator

First Post
Keith,

I'm looking over Sharn, getting ready to start my new campaign there, and I've got a question: how connected are the different wards? Are there bridges from Menthis to Tavick's Landing (for instance)? Assuming yes, how many? How many on each level? Is there something I'm missing, or is that info really not there?

Thanks,
PS

Hellcow

Adventurer
Storminator said:
I'm looking over Sharn, getting ready to start my new campaign there, and I've got a question: how connected are the different wards? Are there bridges from Menthis to Tavick's Landing (for instance)? Assuming yes, how many? How many on each level? Is there something I'm missing, or is that info really not there?
Excellent question, and you are right, something that's not there. This is not official at this time, but I'd envision the following bridges:

The Triangle
Terminus (LTL) to Boldrei's Hearth (LC)
Terminus (LTL) to North Market (LNE)
Boldrei's Hearth (LC) to North Market (LNE)

Tavick's Market (MTL) to Sovereign Towers (MC)
Tavick's Market (MTL) to Holdfast (MNE)
Sovereign Towers (MC) to Holdfast (MNE)

Silvergate (UTL) to Koran-Thiven (UC)
Silvergate (UTL) to Crystal Bridge (UNE)
Koran'Thiven (UC) to Crystal Bridge (UNE)

Center Bridge
Black Arch (LTL) to Center Bridge (LM)
Center Bridge (LM) to Granite Halls (LC)

Little Barrington (MTL) to Everbright (MM)
Everbright (MM) to Dragon Towers (MC)

Ocean View (UTL) to University (UM)
University (UM) to Highest Towers (UC)

Bridge of Lights
Dragoneyes (LTL) to Firelight (LM)
Torchlight (LNE) to Olladra's Kitchen (LC)

Cassan Bridge
Cassan Bridge (MM) to Kenton (MTL)

Griffon's Bridge
Daggerwatch (UD) to Highest Towers (UC)

Horizontal Lifts
These are similar to the magical lifts that travel up the towers, but move back and forth horizontally; essentially they are large skycoaches that operate on a fixed path. These can be shut down by any of the watch commanders or the Knight-Commander of the Citadel, allowing Central Plateau to be isolated from Dura.
Dava Gate (MC) to The Bazaar (MD)
Tradefair (MC) to Hareth's Folly (MD)
Deniyas (UM) to Twelve Pillars (UTL)
Clifftop (UD) to Shae Lias (UNE)
Crystal Bridge (UNE) to Pinnacle (UTL)
Korranath (UC) to Redstone (UD)

And yes, Demiurge is correct, we did a lot with changelings in Sharn -- but we didn't present new mechanics. However, one thing we did add (page 170) is shiftweave, which is certainly a useful tool for changelings.

Remove ads