Sharn: How is it?

Hellcow

Adventurer
Shadowdancer said:
I would think that House Phiarlan, which is based in Sharn and does a lot of espionage work for Breland, would be considered an important organization in Sharn. Also since it controls the entertainers and artisans guild.

I was looking forward to finding out more about this specific dragonmark house for a character concept I have. But the info's not there. Major bummer. :(
Hmm, good point. Well, Thuranni and Phiarlan have both been high on my list of Dragonshard article topics, so I'll see if I can't help out that way (though there's a bit of a queue).

Shadowdancer

First Post
Hellcow said:
Hmm, good point. Well, Thuranni and Phiarlan have both been high on my list of Dragonshard article topics, so I'll see if I can't help out that way (though there's a bit of a queue).
Cool! I'm interested in information about both of those houses. I have an idea for a campaign that's primarily spy vs. spy using representatives of those two houses, set in Sharn.

Staffan

Legend
Hellcow said:
The highest level residents of the city use NPC classes, just as most of the population is supposed to. So you have an 18th level adept as high priest of the Blood of Vol. Sure, he's 18th-level -- but when you add it all up, that's roughly comparable to a 9th-11th level cleric, really. There are a number of characters in the range of 9th-12th level, which is unusual for Eberron, but tie to the fact that yes, this is Sharn, and a lot of big power players are here.
You mean like 90% of all the super-powered people in Marvel somehow living in New York?

JPL

Adventurer
I guess that's why the "overpowered NPCs" of the Forgotten Realms never bothered me that much. As a fan of Marvel Comics, I know that every comic book has an imaginary panel where they say, "...and the Avengers, Fantastic Four, and X-Men are busy...and therefore, Spidey must go it alone."

Arnwyn

First Post
And I got mine at my LGS last Friday.

Still trying to decide whether I'll place it in Halruaa, Nimbral, or the Outer Planes.

Anthraxus

Explorer
Any new Feats or Prestige classes for the Changeling? After reading the ECS from cover to cover, I had the feeling that maybe Changelings would get some cool stuff like the Warforged and Shifters- ways you can advance, or become more "doppleganger-like".

Tell me the Changelings get some love. :)

-A

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Anthraxus said:
Any new Feats or Prestige classes for the Changeling? After reading the ECS from cover to cover, I had the feeling that maybe Changelings would get some cool stuff like the Warforged and Shifters- ways you can advance, or become more "doppleganger-like".

Tell me the Changelings get some love. :)

-A
No love :(

Joshua Dyal - South Carolina, local store on the 12th, so surprised you have not seen it somewhere. Saw it at Books-a-Million today.

Remove ads