D&D (2024) Sharp shooter/Great Weapon Mastery

These two feats are normally seen as the two best in the game (I guess only if you use weapons and they are ranged or two handed but still)

they took away the part that most people talk about though... -5 to hit for +10 to damage.

Sharp shooter no longer has a damage bonus
Great weapon mastery is once per round on a hit add your prof to damage.

I like this nerf. I don't know if everyone will agree. It is a hit to weapon users (but I hope one that shows the want them to be more then just best damage in game)

Amrûnril

Adventurer
I think the Sharpshooter change also makes the feat a lot more flavorful. Now that the range and cover effects are the main point of the feat, it really feels like it's about sharpshooting, whereas the 2014 version was a much more generic "being good with ranged weapons" feat. The firing in melee effect does counteract that change a bit, though.

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
IMO. All the feat change will do is push people toward multiclass and casters.

Well built multiclasses were already nearly as powerful as the weapon feats and usually more versatile, usually they just came online a few levels later. Say level 7-8 instead of 4-5.

Bill Zebub

“It’s probably Matt Mercer’s fault.”
The nerfs are great. But they were the only thing making martial characters notable. So now WotC would have to actually buff martials, and... yeah...

I'm actually wondering if they give the -5/+10 thing as a medium/high level class ability to everybody in the Warrior group. Maybe by PB instead of fixed value. E.g., -2/+4 at levels 1-4, etc.

Remove ads