Shield Maidens RPG First Look

MongooseKat

Explorer
There’s a special kind of excitement permeating the offices of Mongoose HQ, as we’re formally announcing the Kickstarter for the new Shield Maidens RPG today!

The year is 471 in the new calendar of Midgard. Located on the dying branches of Yggdrasil, the world, which is surrounded by an atmospheric bubble, has been shrouded in an icy winter for decades. Five centuries ago, the goddess Freya created the first Shield Maidens by taking a handful of mortal women to her sanctuary in Vanaheimr and teaching them the ways of magic. The women were already well-versed in the most advanced technologies of Midgard and the first generation of Shield Maidens was born, each warrior wielding a fearsome Guardian Shield powered by the Norse gods themselves. Tasked with renewing the great cycle, the first Shield Maidens unfortunately soon fell. Now, a new generation of Shield Maidens will have to face a multitude of new dangers, including the alien-like dwarves, a host of dead souls who have escaped from Hel, the mutated lifeforms dwelling in the sewers of the mega-metropolis, the haughty elves, the beasts of the Wastelands, hostile gangs and, ultimately, the Fenrir Empire itself.

The Shield Maidens Kickstarter launches on the 1st of April – and that’s definitely not an April Fool’s joke! It’s always thrilling to start an entirely new tabletop RPG line with its own rules set, especially one with a vast universe to play around in: the nine realms! We’ll be talking about Shield Maidens more in-depth almost every day, without neglecting our other games – which means you’ll be seeing a lot more posts on all of our social media.

On Instagram, we’ll be divulging more about the Shield Maidens setting and rules almost every single day, so do make sure to head over there on a regular basis to discover all of the different aspects Shield Maidens will be covering; as far as we know, it’s the only TTRPG out there about tough female futuristic warriors with shields powered by the Norse gods! It’d be great to see you all back our Kickstarter, of course, but we’ll be giving you plenty of reasons to do so along the way.

For More information: Mongoose Publishing

And, just in case you need a direct link to our Instagram page, here it is: www.instagram.com/mongoose_publishing

download.jpg

MongooseKat

Explorer
Today, we’re divulging what the cosmos really looks like, as Yggdrasil is dying, and Midgard has been shrouded in an endless winter for far too long now. The author is Alison Cybe and we love what they came up with, as they managed to stay true to Norse mythology while updating the entire setting to a new, futuristic age with both cyberpunk and Viking-noir tropes.

Forget what you thought you knew, as Norse mythology only got the facts partly right: Yggdrasil is not a tree, but rather encompasses the entire cosmos. Created by the gods, the Bifrost network allows travel between the nine realms.

In ancient times, mortals believed that each of the realms was nestled in the branches of a single large tree. In fact, it was thought that only the gods themselves could traverse the broad limbs that, together, make up the cosmos. In time, humanity came to understand that the nine realms are not hanging from any branches, but rather exist in the cool vacuum of space. However, humans, gods and elves alike still share the same name for the cosmos: Yggdrasil, a vast expanse marked by a complete lack of air and a paralysing cold. Still, across this void, crafts sail on thermal sheets, while the gods themselves created the Bifrost network millennia ago, allowing faster-than-light travel from one realm to another. It is this universe that the Shield Maidens are trying to preserve, as Yggdrasil is dying, and time is most assuredly running out fast…

Scene_1.jpg

darkwillow

Explorer
There’s a special kind of excitement permeating the offices of Mongoose HQ
You don't work from home? Its hard to tell what your mongoose content is like. there is no preview, no information on what the art or writing is like, just cover picture previews and a very expensive tag on top.

hopefully you provide more information for your kickstarter as it sounds kind of interesting, but hard to tell what kind of work you actually do.

Mongoose_Matt

Adventurer
Publisher
You don't work from home? Its hard to tell what your mongoose content is like. there is no preview, no information on what the art or writing is like, just cover picture previews and a very expensive tag on top.

hopefully you provide more information for your kickstarter as it sounds kind of interesting, but hard to tell what kind of work you actually do.

No, we work from an office :)

You can find more info and art here: Mongoose Publishing

And we will be previewing more material throughout this month.

Hope that helps!

darkwillow

Explorer
No, we work from an office :)

You can find more info and art here: Mongoose Publishing

And we will be previewing more material throughout this month.

Hope that helps!
No, I could hire an artist and put that page together in 10 mins, doesn't actually tell me anything.

Look at this as an example:

there is no indication at all of what is inside that book, your forums have barely anything.

feels like a scam, prove me wrong.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
No, I could hire an artist and put that page together in 10 mins, doesn't actually tell me anything.

Look at this as an example:

there is no indication at all of what is inside that book, your forums have barely anything.

feels like a scam, prove me wrong.
You are being extremely rude and very weird, for literally no reason whatsoever.

darkwillow

Explorer
You are being extremely rude and very weird, for literally no reason whatsoever.
idk vibes its a new forum account just pushing sales, but sales of what I can't even tell.

like trying to get a feel for it, like expensive pdfs with no preview. there is no isbn, nothing I can lookup.

just providing feedback, that you gotta show something otherwise it looks sketchy.

1646848895054.png

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
idk vibes its a new forum account just pushing sales, but sales of what I can't even tell.

like trying to get a feel for it, like expensive pdfs with no preview. there is no isbn, nothing I can lookup.

just providing feedback, that you gotta show something otherwise it looks sketchy.

View attachment 153075
Okay, so why explain this in a fairly neutral tone to me, but express it aggressively and with direct rudeness to them?

Also their account is 20 years old with over a thousand posts on these forums.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases