Shooting down LEGIT character concepts

I personally cant exactly answer upon the reason iv yet to be able to play any of my Campaigns, anytime i get one ready, something comes up for either me, or the players, But with saying that ill still not shutdown something thats yet to be play tested, nor would i really shut it down even if it was.. Personally if someone spent that much time to make a char. like that then hey imma let you run it unless it brings the other players into to much danger in which case (as i read somewhere in the past pages) ill just talk with that one person on how to nerf the char. down a bit. Cause if one person is just one hitting my monster then as i DM ill have to balance it by bringing monsters that cant be simply one shotted, but with that said that could bring the other players into a annoyed mind set cause their dmg would be less then mute upon said possible monster. Itll just be unfair to everyone.. So to shut one down, No.. But ill nerf the :):):):) outta someone if i see everyone at that high of a disadvantage

MGibster

Legend
Assuming a player comes along and his character is 100% by the rules, no Unearthed Arcana or any other playtest material, will you still shoot down a character design because you feel it is broken?

Yes. But I will say that I can only remember doing it one time. I was running a Rogue Trader (Fantasy Flight Games' version) campaign and one of the players made a Navigator. For those of you unfamiliar with the Warhammer 40k universe, a Navigator is a mutant with the ability to uh, navigate, a ship through the warp resulting in FTL travel. This character had so many mutations that to hurt him I effectively needed to use very damaging weapons that would just end up killing the other characters outright. So I had to ask the player to make some changes and he elected to play a different character.

I had a DM ask me to change some things about a FATE character for a similar reason. And I did so just to make it easier on her and I had no problem doing so.

5ekyu

Hero
Next character concept. Check. Behold the might of the chaotic clowder of kittens and tremble!
Had a player play a gnome caster in 3.x who had a goal of being a cat rancher - from that herding cats commercial. His adventuring was to get gold for land and livestock.

Remove ads