• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Shooting without provoking AoO

thalmin

Retired game store owner
Is there a feat which allows you to shoot a bow without provoking an AoO? I thought I saw one once, but it may have been 3E, not 3.5. Thanks.

JonnyFive

First Post
there are 2 ways that i know of that you can get this. one is an epic feat, and the second it to go to the PrC Order of the Bow Initiate. its second level gives you the ability to use ranged weapons without taking an AoO

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
I think the ranger spell "Arrow Mind" from Complete Adventurer not only prevented the AOO but also allows you to threaten the squares around you with your bow.

thalmin

Retired game store owner
the Jester said:
Yep, it's an epic feat.

I've heard several people propose moving it to non-epic status, but I wouldn't do it myself.
What is the name of the feat, and where is it found, please?

Arc

First Post
Combat Archery, from the Epic Level Handbook, or the SRD.
SRD said:
COMBAT ARCHERY [EPIC]

Prerequisites: Dodge, Mobility, Point Blank Shot.

Benefit: The character does not incur any attacks of opportunity for firing a bow when threatened.

Normal: Without this feat, a character incurs an attack of opportunity from all opponents who threaten him or her whenever he or she uses a bow.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads