Short and Sweet [Orsal judging]

doghead

thotd
Jaan Saresaar, male human servant of the greenman

gogo_jerrick said:
"I will stay and watch the doow. I can take some bugs easiwy!"

"Thanks Setis. But call if they emerge. There are a fair number of them."

Down at the palor Jaan does as requested by Theo's Grandmama. At her question, he describes what he saw in the 'fort', and what happened next.

When he finishes, he waits to see if Theo's Grandmama has any response.

nimisgod

LEW Judge
Wilhelm seems grave at the sight of the fainted child, but he lets the others lead. When Theo is stretched upon the couch, he asks of the Grandmother: "My Lady, might I have a look at him? I have some training in the healing arts and some Goddess-given ability to cure wounds if he has upon him"

OOG: Heal +3

ajanders

Explorer
The old woman makes a face.
"Deathwatcher beetles. Ugly as orcs, but not more'n annoying unless you're tied down or dead."
She strokes Theo's hair. "But if you weren't expecting them, I imagine they'd give a little boy something of a turn."
Grandma looks sadly down at Theo. "Scared him into fits..."

Wilhelm seems grave at the sight of the fainted child, but he lets the others lead. When Theo is stretched upon the couch, he asks of the Grandmother: "My Lady, might I have a look at him? I have some training in the healing arts and some Goddess-given ability to cure wounds if he has upon him"
OOG: Heal +3

Grandma kisses Theo on the forehead.
"I hope you can: otherwise the only thing I can do is wait for him to sleep it off. Hopefully he will."

[sblock]
Wilhelm sees a skinned knee and a scraped nose where Theo passed out: a Cure Minor spell would take care of those.
The fit would yield to a remove fear spell, or a calm emotions spell, or a DC 15 Heal check.
Heal: 16+3=19
Never mind about the spells.
[/sblock]

Wilhelm gently opens a vial of smelling salts under Theo's nose. After a moment, Theo starts to cough. His eyes clear.
"BUGS ATED PEANUT!!! ATED HIM ALL UP INSIDE!!!"
Then Theo breaks down crying while his grandmother cuddles him.

Meanwhile, upstairs, nothing happens.

HugeOgre

First Post
Kith's eyes narrowed as he glanced back up the stairs the way the boy and the paladin had gone earlier.

"Would you normally find beetles so far outside the ground?"

nimisgod

LEW Judge
The Cleric is relieved at Theo's reaction, frightened though it may be. At least, there is no real harm as of yet thinks Wilhelm. I guess Peanut must be the dead cat. Poor creature

He looks to the Lady of the house for her answer to the Elf's question.

ajanders

Explorer
HugeOgre said:
Kith's eyes narrowed as he glanced back up the stairs the way the boy and the paladin had gone earlier.

"Would you normally find beetles so far outside the ground?"

"Well, that's a little odd, yes. But they are carrion eaters, and Peanut was a big cat. You boys need to hang around with a ranger or three, I can tell."
Grandma snuggles Theo closer and hums a soothing grandmothery song to him.

doghead

thotd
Jaan Saresaar, male human servant of the greenman

ajanders said:
"Well, that's a little odd, yes. But they are carrion eaters, and Peanut was a big cat. You boys need to hang around with a ranger or three, I can tell."
Grandma snuggles Theo closer and hums a soothing grandmothery song to him.

Jaan blushes slightly.

"I think we should deal with the beetles, then we can have that chat in peace."

If the others agree, Jaan heads back upstairs.

ooc: I know that the mace is more effective, but stepping on them makes more sense. Of course, that would leave a mess on his boots, so perhaps the mace is in order.
* melee +4 heavy mace (1d8+1)

Going to be away for a week or so. Back the 3rd of Jan. Won't have much internet access, so if I don't see you all before then, have fun.

HugeOgre

First Post
"I agree, the beetles should be dealt with" Kith added. "I will accompany you back upstairs if the lady of the house will grant her permission."

OOC: Ewww, going to be messy. The only blunt weapon I have are my feet. Ill be around throughout the holidays.

nimisgod

LEW Judge
"Are we certain that the beetles caused the feline's demise?" Wilhelm unconsciously adjusted the straps on his gauntlets. "Is there anything else up there?"

doghead

thotd
Jaan Saresaar, male human servant of the Greenman

Jaan shakes his head.

"I don't know. But perhaps not. Maybe the cat died earlier, which is why Theo was so reluctant to go upstairs."

Jaan glances over to Theo's Grandmama to see if she has anything to add.

Remove ads