Short and Sweet [Orsal judging]

nimisgod

LEW Judge
Wilhelm pauses, embarassed that his intentions were misguessed. "I did not mean to pry, I merely-"

Wilhelm looks at Grandmother Godwin. If she shows any sign of alarm or concern for Theo, then he moves up the stairs.

doghead

thotd
Jaan Saresaar, male human servant of the greenman

Jaan watches the little tableau of the bizarre unfold in amazement. The snap of the crossbow and Theo's scream jerk the paladins attention back to the boy.

Jaan stands and scoops up Theo in one hand, and with the other, if he has time, he slaps the 'secret door' to close it. With the boy safely in his arms, Jaan beats a retreat for the living room*.

ooc: assuming that he has time to do so. If not, he will draw his mace and defend the boy. Stepping on them would seem to be the easiest way to handle it, but i don't think the mechanics reflect that. * melee +3 light mace (1d6+1)

ooc: I think the game has been great.

ajanders

Explorer
Upstairs, downstairs, in the evil bug and corpse-filled secret chamber

The door crashes down at Jaan's touch, smashing a bug with a chitinous crackle. Scooping up Theo, the paladin bounds down the steps two and three at a time until he meets Wilhelm.

Downstairs, Grandmama Godwin nearly drops Setis on the floor as she grabs her canes and starts upstairs. Setis picks himself up and scurries up the stairs, drawing his knife as he goes.

Grandmama looking exceptionally concerned, Wilhelm dashes after Setis, overhauling him with his longer legs and continuing up the stairs until he bumps into Jaan.

Kish waits patiently downstairs.
"Grandmother, I do believe I have heard your grandson Theo cry out from upstairs. Do we have your permission to climb the stairs and investigate?"

Grandma saves her breath for swinging herself along on her two canes, painfully slowly for her tastes.

Jaan and Wilhelm crash into each other and have just about got themselves sorted out when Setis ballistas into the back of Wilhelm's knees. Mercifully the stair rails are strong. All three look at each other under the yellow window, then at Theo.

Theo has stopped screaming, but his eyes are wide and blank. His limbs tremble slightly and he makes little mewing sounds. There is a thread of drool starting to trail out of the side of his mouth.
Grandmama has not yet cleared the parlor and she has no breath to spare for answering questions.

[sblock]
Language note: ballistaing is like cannoning, but without gunpowder.
[/sblock]

HugeOgre

First Post
Kith watched as the grandmother moved into action like a woman half her age. Inside, his mind was torn between the correct course of action he had been taught as a young elf and the action that now tugged at him, urging him up the stairs to whatever had caused the young boy to scream. Embracing his training and abandoning the formalities of his heritage Kith wasted no more time, and bounding up the stairs with the skill and dexterity of his training. He originally intended to run straight past the aging woman, but a picture formed in his mind of the woman falling or suffering some other calamity, and he stopped at once instead.

Will you be allright? Is there any way that I could aid you?

doghead

thotd
Jaan Saresaar, male human servant of the Greenman

Jaan nods his head in the direction of the crushed beetle under the door.

"There are about a dozen or so."

Jaan takes a moment to get a more secure hold of Theo. Noticing the boys condition, Jaan decides the beetles can wait for a moment.

"I'm going to take him down to his Grandmama. Then we can decide what to do. Ah, there she is now. Perhaps someone should keep an eye on the door, just in case they find a way out."

Easing past the others, Jaan heads down the steps with Theo.

gogo_jerrick

First Post
Setis

Setis picks himself up after crashing into the wall of legs. Looking through the legs and just over the last step, Setis notices Theo lying on the ground. Setis tries to scurry around everyones legs to continue up the stairs, and stops short of Theo when Jaan comments on taking him back downstairs.

"I will stay and watch the doow. I can take some bugs easiwy!"

ajanders

Explorer
"This is just another bug hunt."

Setis creeps up the stairs with, well, catlike tread. He continues to creep up to the second landing, which is shadowy and mostly lit by half a squashed luminescent beetle at this point.
The beetle is sticking half out of the wall and oozing glowing yellow guts out onto the floor.

Kith watches granny move across the parlor like a woman half her age, if that woman had had her legs bitten off by monsters.
She stumps straight on past him at the best of her speed...which might be 10' a round if she risks a nasty fall. Apparently she's not even going to dignify that with a look.

Jaan meets her at the entrance to the parlor.
"Stretch him out on the settle." is all she says, then sits down at his head and covers him with her shawl.
"What exactly happened up there?" she pants at Jaan, not taking her eyes off Theo.

Remove ads