D&D General Should Bearded Female Dwarves be the Default?

Should Bearded Female Dwarves be the Default?

• Yes

Votes: 46 20.4%
  • No

Votes: 64 28.4%
  • A possible trait, but not universal

Votes: 94 41.8%
  • No opinion

Votes: 21 9.3%

Parmandur

Book-Friend
The official Forgotten Realms lore is that Dwarves can have children with Humans, Halflings, Gnomes, and even Elves. The children are always just Dwarves.

In Exandria, per the latest book, there is a city of Dwarves that took in Elven refugees, and Dwarf-Elf marriages became common. The children are either Dwarves or Elves...

And also in Exandria, in the Kryn Dynasty, there Half-Elves that are Elf-Goblin, Elf-Orc or Elf-Minotaur hybrids...

Last edited:

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
TBH, I’m not a big fan of half-and-half “races” most of the time. I do like mul a lot, though. It helps that they’re sterile.

Minigiant

Legend
Supporter
Human and Dragons have dominant characteristics. Heh.

That makes me one to make the Human God in my "Generic God Pantheon Setting". make humanity dominant in reproduction. "Your racemigt live hundreds of years. But if one of mine hooks up with one of yours, the kids look like mine but gets yours powers. Haha."

S'mon

Legend
Benjamin Franklin wrote, “The Spaniards, Italians, French, Russians and Swedes, are generally of what we call a swarthy Complexion; as are the Germans also, the Saxons only excepted.” Dude didn't think Swedes were white enough. Let that sink in for a minute. We have a modern concept of whiteness that may not have been shared by all our ancestors.

How on earth do you go from 'swarthy complexion' to 'not white'?!

Edit: I don't think Franklin was discussing 'whiteness' at all.

I mean, women (NOT ALL) sometimes have slight mustache hair at times.

Plus I think the bearded Dwarven women idea is a kind of a concept/joke in Lord of The Rings too.

So it's not really TOO outta norm for dwarven women to grow beards in that case.
Take out the slight. I would have a full-blown mustache if I didn't shave daily.

Ashrym

Legend
You don't have my ruling in the poll:

"It is the choice of the player creating the character whether the dwarf woman has a beard or not."

There's no need to force that on a player one way or the other, and it's easy enough to have the general populace have either trait and just mix it up 50/50ish.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
You don't have my ruling in the poll:

"It is the choice of the player creating the character whether the dwarf woman has a beard or not."

There's no need to force that on a player one way or the other, and it's easy enough to have the general populace have either trait and just mix it up 50/50ish.
Doesn’t that fall under “a possible trait, but not universal”?

Remove ads