D&D 5E Should D&D Have a 9th School of Magic (Restoration)?

Blue Orange

Gone to Texas
Well, if we're talking iconic villains, then the druids also have to be in the DMG, since they're decidedly evil.

Facts to support this statement:
1. They have classically been depicted as human-sacrificing, especially with the wickerman which was used to burn sacrifices alive in great agony.
2. They're British. All villains have British accents. QED.

Of course, all we know about them is from Julius Caesar, who was trying to wipe them out. (This is a big problem with a lot of ancient history...only a few sources survive and they are, of course, extremely partisan.)

mrpopstar

Sparkly Dude
Of course, all we know about them is from Julius Caesar, who was trying to wipe them out. (This is a big problem with a lot of ancient history...only a few sources survive and they are, of course, extremely partisan.)
We do have historical accounts from medieval Irish authors describing druids in Gaelic and Brythonic mythology, but those stories are also problematic as they were written by christianized men.

Mind of tempest

(he/him)advocate for 5e psionics
they also could have been doing it out of desperation as even the roman sacrificed humans in pure desperation.

RealAlHazred

Frumious Flumph (Your Grace/Your Eminence)
I mean, the Romans also had British accents. Have you seen I, Claudius? One group of villains against another!

Mind of tempest

(he/him)advocate for 5e psionics
The Romans sacrificed humans under the guise of "execution" as a form of entertainment prior to gladiatorial games, which is monstrous.
no I mean once for a very desperate time they did the whole human sacrifice thing to their gods, It was in a rather bad war, they recorded themselves doing it.

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
I don’t think there are anywhere near enough spells for a school of restoration.
Then . . . add more. Spells are one of the easiest parts of homebrew to design in 5e, both conceptually and mechanically. There's all the healing spells, the restoration spells, the resurrections spells, and the aura spells, adding up to around 25 spells. Divination has 35 spells in 5e and Illusion has 33, so if you just create a dozen or so more Restoration spells, I don't see that as being a problem.

Remove ads